• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R.I.P. Edge Chassis

I
Dec 1, 2009
Truckee, CA
edge is more stable for climbing, and carves anywhere an IQ will. I ride em back to back all the time and prefer my edge in a lot of situations. Most stable side-by side tandem sled out there imo.

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I love my old edge. Takes a beating and keeps on going. It is also so stable and predictable. I have to say though, the more I ride my buddies dragon, the more tempting it is to go with the next generation. Actually, I guess I would be skipping two, the iq, and the iq raw since I would go with a new iq pro. can't wait to ride one of those.

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
edge is more stable for climbing, and carves anywhere an IQ will. I ride em back to back all the time and prefer my edge in a lot of situations. Most stable side-by side tandem sled out there imo.

After riding an 08 IQ raw rmk I must say that the edge won't carve everywhere the IQ raw will. I haven't ridden the 05-06 IQ rmk's so I can't make a judgement there.

I agree that it is an extremely stable sled and i like jumping and dropping with the edge more than my dragon for that reason. Climbing seems to be easier on my dragon because it takes less work to change direction but I've seen several edge's climb like crazy too.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Very sad day!! The greatest chassis ever designed in my opinion, I'm more than likely going to be riding mine until pieces and parts are no longer available. Carves, climbs, drops, all with ease, that chassis almost reads my mind.:hurt:

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
Very sad day!! The greatest chassis ever designed in my opinion, I'm more than likely going to be riding mine until pieces and parts are no longer available. Carves, climbs, drops, all with ease, that chassis almost reads my mind.:hurt:

I have to say I do like mine too, I go places that most cant follow. It may not carve as well as a dragon but it is fun to ride.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Ya, the Edge is a good Chassis... I certainly enjoyed mine:D.

I gotta say it is easier to ride and control than my 900!

That statement surprises the cr@p out of me... my 900 is WAY easier to ride in every aspect then my EDGE ever was... and it doesn't beat me into submission by the end of the ride... but it all depends hugely on set-up and rider preference.

I will say this, the Edge is definitely a 'stable' platform... an advantage in certain situations, but a hinderence in others IMO....:beer;

Still sad to see it get the ax.... they are good sleds... state of the art for their day:D:(:beer;

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Stable? Really? ok maybe to you experienced people... my wife managed to flip my edge twice going slow and ditch banging.. I have no idea how, but she did it.. so after the second time I put her on my wedge.. she said it felt much more stable...

I did find my Edge to much more fun though... I rode it til I crashed it.. and now I'm moving every part I can to my wedge :p

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
I have a nice Red Pro X 800 Hood ---

heh I wish.. my brother in law has a buddy who wants to buy my wedge for cheap and claims he can fix my edge.. the bulk head is smashed and bent in about 6", the tunnel is twisted and warped... and even if he could fix those two, I'm still looking $1200 in parts.. used.. never mind any shipping....

D
When I summerized the '02 800 today I was thinking about how much quicker it was to drain the carbs then the '07...The stiffer track and the lower seat (nice for coming back down those insanely steep climbs) are also benefits for spring riding....BUT it sure doesn't boondock as easy as the IQ raw chassis!! The 2011 looks like it will be harder to work under the hood with the new chassis....Hopefully they are more reliable then the '08 to '10 were.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
My backup sled is a 2003 Vertical Escape with an Indy Dan bottom end in it, whenever I take a newbie up with me I go out and it starts right up and runs perfect every time.

Premium Features