• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Frame Reinforcing Kit

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Boys and gals,

As some of you may have noticed, the bottom front of the Snow-Hawk frame is quite weak. If you do a complete tear down of your machine, you’ll notice you can, with your bare hands, pry from left to right the ends of the main frame. Of course once all bolted together it feels stiff but some guys did bend them anyway. In order to solve this problem, I’ve been spending a lot of hours on a frame reinforcing kit for a few weeks now and I finally have something to show you.

ADB came up with a reinforcing kit on the ’08 machines that consist of basically doubling the frame by adding a second plate to the bottom clutch side and upper clutch side. My approach is similar but a little different and is based on what I’ve seen as far as bent Hawk frames . Mine consist of a doubling plate for the Clutch side main frame, a doubling plate for the Mag Side main frame and a connecting link that links the bottom to the top on the clutch side. Doubling plates do add lateral rigidity to the bottom of the frame as well as some vertical rigidity and the connecting link only adds straight vertical strength. Both doubling plates are water jetted out of ¼” Aluminum and the connecting link is made out of thin wall 4130 Cromoly tubing and water jetted 3/16” plate for lightweight. I can’t tell you exactly how the whole kit weighs but it has to be around 2 to 2.5 pounds I’d say. I also have a Stainless Steel version for the big guys (275+ pound) out there. This kit will fit all Hawks.

I strongly recommend one myself just in case... I think nobody wants to bend their main frame and spend X amount of hours fixing it during the season. You can always ask Rudeawkening what he thinks of having to perform a complete tear down of his Hawk in order to replace the clutch side frame that couldn’t be bent back… It only takes one bad rock hidden under the snow to screw it up pretty bad and screw up some precious days of riding when snow is good.

Full 3-piece kit as shown : 145$ USD + Shipping

If you already made a connecting link or want to make your own, I can sell the 2 doubling plates only for 95$ USD + Shipping

PM me for your orders, I’ll more than likely do only one run of these plus maybe one extra kit just in case.

By the way, the $ I’m making doing that kind of stuff is directly reinjected in R&D in my own machine… for updates like this one for you guys in the future, just so you know… We’ll get that thing to work perfect one day !

TLKD

SH Frame Reinforcing Kit Overview.jpg Clutch Side Doubling Plate.jpg Clutch side D-Plate and Conecting Link.jpg Connecting Link out of 4130 Tubing.jpg Mag Side Doubling Plate.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Now!

Create a motor plate similar to the bottom mount, bolted though the frame above the engine head into the butt edge. Head bolts with studs protruding upwards through, and nylock flange fasteners. Large holes to clear spark plug wrench, sealed by O-ring large as Paoli fork ones holding plastic circle against belly.

Hawk food!
Aluminum-Plate-Sheet-.jpg

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
PM sent BuffaloHawk.

Create a motor plate similar to the bottom mount, bolted though the frame above the engine head into the butt edge. Head bolts with studs protruding upwards through, and nylock flange fasteners. Large holes to clear spark plug wrench, sealed by O-ring large as Paoli fork ones holding plastic circle against belly.

T, what for !!! Upper frame seem to be holding alright !

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
TKLDPROD,

Have you and/or would you make a strenghtening plate for the upper frame area like ADBoivin did? Please explain the merits to your design versus his. I like his idea because it makes sense to me that the frame would be weaker there due to the bends. What about the merit of using plates on the upper and lower left side as well as the lower right side?

F
Jan 21, 2008
St.catharines
TKLDPROD,

Have you and/or would you make a strenghtening plate for the upper frame area like ADBoivin did? Please explain the merits to your design versus his. I like his idea because it makes sense to me that the frame would be weaker there due to the bends. What about the merit of using plates on the upper and lower left side as well as the lower right side?

This kit seems like a good upgrade and very fairly priced .

Anyone have pics of what the 800 upgrade looks like

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
The upgrade by ADBoivin, which my 800 came with, is the exact plates that are being discussed and made here and they were put on the uppper and lower left side. No plate on the lower right or connecting link.

Premium Features