• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

side exit exhuast

R
Nov 27, 2007
Was wondering if anyone has done side exit exhuast with twin pipes and is it worth it for helping with bogging in powder? Or have other suggestions?Any pics?

Thanks.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
It is unreal the difference when you run them out the side, absolutly no more bog in the deep snow. I did mine on my old sled, it was an 03 800 edge struthers ported with psi twins. Before I ran them out the side it bogged in deep snow all the time. The only downfall is it was very loud when I was done, I biult the stingers from scratch. I packed them real good with packing but was still very loud, it points right out the side so no snow to muffle the sound. But I would definately do it again. I also ride with another guy that ran his slp single out hte side of his 700 edge it also works very well. Here are some pics of it.

DSC03238.JPG DSC03229.JPG DSC03219.jpg DSC03220.jpg

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
It is unreal the difference when you run them out the side, absolutly no more bog in the deep snow. I did mine on my old sled, it was an 03 800 edge struthers ported with psi twins. Before I ran them out the side it bogged in deep snow all the time. The only downfall is it was very loud when I was done, I biult the stingers from scratch. I packed them real good with packing but was still very loud, it points right out the side so no snow to muffle the sound. But I would definately do it again. I also ride with another guy that ran his slp single out hte side of his 700 edge it also works very well. Here are some pics of it.

In your second picture, where did you get those hood vents???? ive been looking everywhere for a hoodvent kit!!!!!

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I got the vents from mountainfit hoods, great investment for $90.00, it lets alot of hot air out and dont let any snow in. heres another pic.

DSC03223.JPG

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
I have read stuff about mountain fit and they rip you off??? Is this true? Is it safe to order from them?
Sorry, a little off topic. haha

Thanks, Jayson

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I have had good luck with Bill at mountainfit, the hardest part is getting a hold of him this time of year, He is very buisy hitting all of the shows. Bill is pretty much a one man band, That is why he takes a while to return calls this time of year, but he makes a very quality product.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Hey cascadesnowjunky,

Does that mountain fit hood work with a stock airbox? If so do you transfer parts over from your stock hood where it sits on top of the airbox?

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
They make a shelf that installs, not sure exactly how, I did not use it. I made my own intake and it worked way better, I just used 3" pvc and dilled a bunch of holes where it stuck up through the hood behind the windshield and then made a prefilter cover for it. I do not have very good pics of the intake setup but I posted a few that I could find. It is basicly 2 45 deg. fittings back to back and a piece for an upright with massive holes drilled in it and then a piece of perferated stainless screen on top to keep from sucking the prefilter mat. in.

DSC03227.JPG DSC03228.JPG DSC03237.JPG

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I got the vents from mountainfit hoods, great investment for $90.00, it lets alot of hot air out and dont let any snow in. heres another pic.

The vent packs were $75.00 at the pualup snow show and they were really easy to work with. I would buy a kit from them in a heart beat. I just need to buy a hood first.

Premium Features