• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel extension needed? 154" to 163"

J
Mar 19, 2008
Title pretty much says it all. I am going to be putting a 163 on a 2010 XR-S, and am wondering if i will need some type of tunnel extension to make it fit. Thanks for any help.

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
That is bad azz. Do you make them for 154-174? Just curios

Just call Mike at VE. He just made me one to go from 146 to 163. Its being built right now. It would be the same size as 154-174.

So yes, he can make them any size you want.

Keith

Rooster Built

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
The mountains of WA, OR, ID, BC
Hey guys,
Be careful when extending the tunnel without extending the cooler. We have done a few 163 to 174 conversions and if you do not run with scratchers the sled will overheat in most conditions other than 6+ inches of fresh powder. We are working on options and have came up with a way to extend the stock cooler and add an extension to the stock tunnel and this should solve the overheating problem. I will post pics once we get it finished. I do not know if we will offer this to market, but I just wanted all of you to know to prepare to either run scratchers a lot of the time or extend the cooler. This sled will be in our booth at the Puyallup Show so stop by and check it out if you are thinking about going longer on your XP.

Premium Features