• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 600 rmk starts and dies

N
Apr 9, 2009
Asking for advice on these voltage regulators. I purchased my sled new and burned up the first regulator within 100 miles. Had the same symptoms last week of starts and dies, loosing my headlight and MFD. Bought a used regulator and still have an issue. It shows that it is charging, but dies when I plug in the small three Orange wire plug. What does that plug control? Any ideas?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
orange wires

On the CF4s, one goes to pin 17 on the ECU 34 pin plug. Another goes to pin 33 in the same connector and the last to pin 34. They all show functions of voltage boost to the ECU What ever that means. 3 large Yellow unregulated power feeds from the Stator. The other connector with 2 brown and 2 red are chassis power. 1 brown goes to ground, 1 goes to pin 10 in the chassis/ hood connector. 1 red goes to the regulated power splice and the other to the Chassis relay.
There is another connector in the harness that is a white 3 pin with nothing plugged into it. Should be left front under the hood. Schematic shows that as power to the ECU, wires are orange power, black/white diagnostic, and black/blue sensor ground. The orange goes through the diagnostic plug to the ecu. Not sure if you can power the ecu through the orange and get it to run or not.

The other plug on the ECU is 26 pin and output plug for injectors, crank position, TPS, Coolant temp, coils, etc

Last edited:
Premium Features