• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A-arms for different width?

SpeedWobble

Premium Member
Jul 11, 2001
North Central Washington
I am looking to narrow my '09 IQR. Currently the ski stance is 45" (center to center). I would like the width closer to 40". Does anyone know the width with Dragon or Pro or Assault A-arms?

Thanks

S
Jun 22, 2009
ont, CAN
when i updated the front end on my 08 i bought a front end from an 11 switchback assault and on the wide setting they come in at 42'' c to c. and i believe the spacers are 3/4'' so that would get you 40.5'' on the narrow setting..id trade ya, i want a wider front end...haha

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I am looking to narrow my '09 IQR. Currently the ski stance is 45" (center to center). I would like the width closer to 40". Does anyone know the width with Dragon or Pro or Assault A-arms?

Thanks

The installed width will be the same as the mounted dimensions are the same. Bulkheads are different but the A-arm mounting locations are the same. That said any of the 3 arm styles can go on any sled (although the sway bar may be non-functional). Unless you can get a deal on stock arms, You will be money ahead with aftermarket ones. The stock PRO RMK will get you closest, the dragons were likely the same width but used the goofy sway bar bracket adds a lot of needless weight on an IQR.

D
Dec 4, 2007
Central Lower Michigan
pic of Iqrr with 2014 pro front

here is my Iqrr with a pro ride front installed

not an easy task. you have to buy the pro ride style plastic bushings and bore them out to 3/4 inch. The rr came with bronze bushings and I started to lathe those down to fit the newer front. Eventually I decided it was more practical just to re-do the plastic bushings.

DSCI0005.jpg

Premium Features