• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Metal chunks in Crankcase *pics*

E
Feb 22, 2009
I'm surprised they replaced it with the air bubbles noted in the first pic.

which by the way go to the damaged side...1inch long air bubble is over 30sec without oil...I wonder how many of those were in their? Secret tip...take off your oil pump, and purge out the air with a drill...takes a good 20min on full blast untel all the air is out of the system

E
Feb 22, 2009

My reputable dealer does not warenty 2 stroke engines. This is a f'n joke 5 rides on a complete rebuild and the crank goes WTF.
Doesn't sound too reputable to me, did they replace ALL the bearings and check the straitness of the crank? If they checked it, ask them what the SPEC was (how far was it out). If they tell you they don't know, I'm sure they didn't check.

What bearing was it?

It was both the MAG side bearings. The wide bearing upgrade is only for the PTO side...which was still good, so the wide bearing proves itself again good upgrade, somone should put wide bearings all around. The Crank was a Adrian Bernard crank with the upgrade that went down on the MAG side, 1 in what 1000 chance??...just my luck, I made out lucky crank is still good to go, just need to repace MAG side bearings with OEM bearings and new pistons, I'll be back out soon with my Dragon Slaya Cat Tree Chaser.

O
Sep 30, 2009

These pics were taken at Polaris after the engine was out, and all the oil line fittings on that side were ripped off when the rod came thru, and even if it wasn't right, it was the dealer's responsability to do everything, cause they rebuilt it.

All he did was bring it home, store it, pull it out the next year, rode it 150 miles and this is what happened. All stock and even running Polaris oil.

Premium Features