• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dyno port -to- PSI

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
First of all do yourself a huge favor... take those PSI pipes off and sell them for whatever scrap metal price you can get for them or give them away. All they are going to do is cause you problems and they probably make less HP than the stock single pipe.

This doesnt sound like a jetting problem though. Sounds like a clutch related problem...

P
Dec 6, 2008
terrace b.c
yeah i think i found some slp twins but what i want is a single i hate twins but yeah i redid all the clutching last night put a stiffer spring in the primary and changed to a helix out on a 06 600 it should be reving way higher but yet im still haveing the exact same promblem and the jets are 380 and thats what everyone says to use so i dont know???????????

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Are you sure your tach is correct?

I don't know what else to suggest. Plugged exhaust? check your can or stingers for full flow, make sure there isn't a birds nest or rats nest in there.

It really sounds like clutching though. Did you check what weights are in it yet? Is your primary just sloppy worn out and hanging up?

P
Dec 6, 2008
terrace b.c
yeah im sure the tachs right haha you can feel it ant you can tell its not winding out like it sould you can hear it. thins weekend im takeing it to my freinds dads house and were gona go over everything i havent really looked at the primeary but ua did put a super stiff spring in it and it didnt seam to do a thing for me soo i guess il see this weekend hopefuly i can get it running right it snowed a **** pile this week!!

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
I had an old poo years back with a worn out primary that would hang up but it was all over the place and over revving so its probably not that, but check it.

On the weights, I have a 320(about as heavy as they get) finish rate spring in mine running 64g weights so if you are like at 70g or so its not going to rev. Don't know why it would be like that, but check it.

Is it still running roughly or smooth. Have you tried your water temp sensor? They are known to fail. I would check over those reeds again. Make sure they are not holding open at all.

You might want to check compression too. If a rivet actually went through, it may have damaged the cylinder/piston.

P
Dec 6, 2008
terrace b.c
alright il have a look at these things. how do you check the temp sensor though i tryed to unplug it but it just ran like total ****,wouldnt even move,can you just used like a jumper wire to complet the curcit or... amd the rivir was just in the reed is shouldnt have did anything to the piston but il check the compression anyways.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
YOU FOUND A RIVET IN THE REED CAGE; go back and remove both reed cages and look at the piston skirt it might be cracked or a piece broken off

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Best way to check the temp sensor is to plug one in that is known good. You don't have to have it installed in the head just plugged in.

SLP has a bypass they sell although I beleive it is just a plug with a resistor. Do a search on here I am sure someone has posted how to make one.

P
Dec 6, 2008
terrace b.c
well i will see if i can find a good temp sensor im sure i have one some where and il go another compression test and see what i have but i dont think it was the rivit because it was doikng this last season too apprently

P
Dec 6, 2008
terrace b.c
ok so i found one of the big problems my clutch weights were too heavy they were 64s so i took them down to 60s and it works good. but its still spuddering kind of i kinda think its my stator? when my sled ir reving the lights still dim and its kind of hard to start some times .think the stator might me screwed?

Premium Features