• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 alpha add ons

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Was just going to do the diamond s for -17 lbs. Intake for -8lbs. And belt drive for another 7ish lbs

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Diamond s can is 14.5 lbs saved on the alpha.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Older Cat proclimb cans were a little heavier than what the new sleds come with. Diamond S still listed the old original weight saving number on their website last time I was on there. The Diamond S baffled can might be a pound heavier than the SSI but the sound reduction is worth it.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I plan on doing
Running boards,
Silencer,
Bdx intake headlight delete.
Belt drive.
Hoping to lose about 30 lbs off the front of the sled

Of course someone would have to plug in a o2 sensor to be sure/safe but it would be nice to toss on the whole ssi exhaust kit without fuel controller like you can with the suzuki, I’m running the full exhaust and a 2.5* timing key and Boyesen reeds. Sled runs great. -22lbs in just exhaust parts

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Of course someone would have to plug in a o2 sensor to be sure/safe but it would be nice to toss on the whole ssi exhaust kit without fuel controller like you can with the suzuki, I’m running the full exhaust and a 2.5* timing key and Boyesen reeds. Sled runs great. -22lbs in just exhaust parts
Im not really concerned with the power TBH. Just wanna lose some weight. When the sled gets here ill probably look into just getting the stock pipe ceramic coated.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Im not really concerned with the power TBH. Just wanna lose some weight. When the sled gets here ill probably look into just getting the stock pipe ceramic coated.

Removing insulation and aluminum shield and adding ceramic coating will save how much weight? 1lb? Definitely add a lot of heat under the hood for minimal weight savings.
Aftermarket companies save weight by using thin metal throughout the whole exhaust.

Polaris

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Removing insulation and aluminum shield and adding ceramic coating will save how much weight? 1lb? Definitely add a lot of heat under the hood for minimal weight savings.
Aftermarket companies save weight by using thin metal throughout the whole exhaust.

Polaris
Ya thats kinda what i figured too. Just something to maybe explore when the sled gets here is all im saying

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ya thats kinda what i figured too. Just something to maybe explore when the sled gets here is all im saying

I've ridden a proclimb with almost 40lbs removed from the front of the sled...
Absolutely amazing handling and light steering.
I won't do a headlight delete and really don't want the loud open intake, they are worse than a loud exhaust while riding.

Dropping 25# sounds better and better to me, every day i ride spring snow... lol

Polaris

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I've ridden a proclimb with almost 40lbs removed from the front of the sled...
Absolutely amazing handling and light steering.
I won't do a headlight delete and really don't want the loud open intake, they are worse than a loud exhaust while riding.

Dropping 25# sounds better and better to me, every day i ride spring snow... lol

Polaris
Too bad nobody has made a quiet intake for the cats, like out of the same stuff polaris make the axys intake setup. Quiet and light weight

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Too bad nobody has made a quiet intake for the cats, like out of the same stuff polaris make the axys intake setup. Quiet and light weight

Lord giveth and the Lord taketh.
For every positive, there will be a negative.

One drawback to the laydown engine, throttle bodies are in front of the Engine. Need to route the intake from the very front bottom of the sled all the way to the top of the sled by the handlebars. Longest intake in the industry.....
Basically, Polaris just has to go straight up 1foot.

Polaris

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007

Polaris

not sure how wet the insulation can stay while riding but something makes it turn rust color and that stuff is heavy when it's wet. could be an easy 5 pounds on a deep day. took mine out, but had to put clamshell back on. aftermarket pipes must add a ton of shielding to keep from melting the hood. I think it was about 3 pounds for the clamshell, insulation, and spring ties.
they vibrate a little but I haven't seen any other side affect running without the messy insulation inside.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
BDX Pipe Mod has an option to run ceramic coated or stock heat shield. They claim 4 lb loss without the heat shield and insulation. Definitely more when that insulation is soaked down but that is about what you could expect.

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
- get a tunnel bag off a 2015, low but doubles space of stock bag without getting in way
- add BDX ascender boards. Stock builds snow in SOME conditions and hopping over to full snow filled boards in trees can wreck your flow
- lots of spare steering bushings if you put any kind of miles on
- seal the intake up, do a search, you’ll see. I toasted 2 motors This season from water/snow ingestion
- buy extra y pipe springs and religiously check them. I had my pipe push up into air intake making a 2” hole which was then a 2nd snow/water ingestion point
- don’t waste your cash on a can pipe yada yada. These things rip. Seriously, spend the money on more gas and oil to ride. There’s absolutely nowhere I wouldn’t have gone just because of a can/pipe. True story.
- SLP MoHawks worked great and I’ll be throwing them on my 20 hardcore.

Just get on it and rip!!!

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
- get a tunnel bag off a 2015, low but doubles space of stock bag without getting in way

- add BDX ascender boards. Stock builds snow in SOME conditions and hopping over to full snow filled boards in trees can wreck your flow

- lots of spare steering bushings if you put any kind of miles on

- seal the intake up, do a search, you’ll see. I toasted 2 motors This season from water/snow ingestion

- buy extra y pipe springs and religiously check them. I had my pipe push up into air intake making a 2” hole which was then a 2nd snow/water ingestion point

- don’t waste your cash on a can pipe yada yada. These things rip. Seriously, spend the money on more gas and oil to ride. There’s absolutely nowhere I wouldn’t have gone just because of a can/pipe. True story.

- SLP MoHawks worked great and I’ll be throwing them on my 20 hardcore.

Just get on it and rip!!!
Its hard to not do a can when you lose 15 lbs.

Premium Features