• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Swingarm Bushing Failure

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
Anyone else had this happen?

Bushings on my 2016 TS Short track seem to have completely failed on the last ride. I have about 25-30 hours on the kit. It rode okay but felt SUPER sloppy. I'm worried that my swingarm bolt is damaged from this.

First, an animation showing the bike getting lowered from off a jack under the bike frame. As soon as weight is put on the track the swingarm pivot moves about 2mm down and back... This movement is likely happening every time I hit a bump :face-icon-small-sho
BkWc07t.gif

I didn't take enough pictures so I just sent the following to my dealer as he says Timbersled's warranty tool can't take videos...

AG5Ql7j.png

0wkz0j4.png

O7MHLvR.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen the plastic bushings wear out pretty quickly. My ARO did this after a few rides. Along with the ball joint on the bottom of tss. Yours looks pretty bad, those plastic bushings are easy to replace and cheap. Assuming you have them, if you have the old style, hopefully they upgrade you under warranty.

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
I've seen the plastic bushings wear out pretty quickly. My ARO did this after a few rides. Along with the ball joint on the bottom of tss. Yours looks pretty bad, those plastic bushings are easy to replace and cheap. Assuming you have them, if you have the old style, hopefully they upgrade you under warranty.

I'm hoping it's covered under warranty. Dealer's telling me I can't get just the plastic bushings separately and need to buy the whole spacer kit?!

This is it right? Just one for each side? https://gagebroz.com/product/sub-frame-bushing/ ?

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ummm it’s a 2016 i’m guessing your warranty is up.
(My 18 aro had a 1 year warranty)

I notice you have a fixed strut. Perhaps your swingarm bolt is loose?

Not only that they can legitimately claim it’s a wear item.

(If the bolt is loose the bushings will be toast pretty quick)

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
Ummm it’s a 2016 i’m guessing your warranty is up.
(My 18 aro had a 1 year warranty)

I notice you have a fixed strut. Perhaps your swingarm bolt is loose?

Not only that they can legitimately claim it’s a wear item.

(If the bolt is loose the bushings will be toast pretty quick)

Yeah agree it likely is a wear item, I just haven't seen it listed anywhere as something to keep an eye out for and my dealer is telling me has has no other customers that have had a bushing wear out.

It's a 2016 kit that was gifted to a Polaris sales rep in NY, I bought it off him in 2017. Just had my old JT chain swapped out under warranty 2 weeks ago. Somehow it's still covered (no idea for how long).

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Bruce already, got 4 bushings on order in hopes that's all I'll need.

EDIT: first thing I did was test swingarm bolt, torqued solid at 75 lbf ft. Checked it 3 weeks ago and again right when I discovered this.

Last edited:
Premium Features