• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Other brand of can on SLP pipe

D
Has anyone tried a different can other than SLPs on a 06 900 RMK with their pipe. Seems to me there is some room for a bit more weight loss plus it rubs on the chaincase bolts. Even though I am an old guy a little more exhaust note wouldn't hurt either.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Dually Im running a High Flow HPS can on my 07 600 RMK with my SLP pipe. I had to jet around the can but it is one of my secrets that makes my 600 bad a$$;)

P

polhiker

Nov 2, 2002
Chinook,montana
I got rid of the slp can and went with a CPI sounds great,better throttel responce and i lost another 2 to 2.5 lbs.and about 199.00 dollars.I even put it on my slp pipe not a great fit but dosen't leak.

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
I had a slp pipe and cpi can on my old 900. Here's a pic

000_1145.jpg

Don't know if hps makes one for the 900 but that would be my choice, they have high quality stuff. Here's one on my dragon with a slp pipe

DSCN1744.jpg

D
Thanks for the pics. That's some serious plumbing on the CPI can for your 900. I like the looks of the HPS can on the Dragon. Clean installation and looks like good quality. I tried a search for HPS and no luck. Anyone know a dealer or how to get some info from them?

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Thanks for the pics. That's some serious plumbing on the CPI can for your 900. I like the looks of the HPS can on the Dragon. Clean installation and looks like good quality. I tried a search for HPS and no luck. Anyone know a dealer or how to get some info from them?
Check the Mod Stock magazine...pretty sure they had an ad in it. At work now but will check later at home if I can find where the wife hid it at!

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
I bought a jaws can make your self kit, made the exhaust exit out the a arm well
so there will be no bog in the deep when leened over to right. 06 slp muffler was 13.5lbs
and the jaws can was 3.25 lbs.was definitaly louder and seemed to pull alittle harder.
also gets the heat away from chain case.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
mbrp

I use a MBRP can on my 05 900. It fits perfectly with the stock pipe or with the slp pipe. It's a lot smaller and lighter than the slp can. It makes a bit more noise but works very well. I found the slp can, because it is so big it heats up the chain case and warps it.

Premium Features