• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled or SnowBike UNSTUCK Which is easier

B

birdie

Dec 18, 2007
Sherwood Park Alberta
I am wondering if there is a difference when you get either of the Sled or a Snowbike stuck and if so which is easier to get unstuck

Without having any knowledge of the snowbike I am thinking maybe the Snowbike is easier--Not sure

Any thoughts?

birdie

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
I have both. I have less experience with the bike but find it is generally easier to get it unstuck as compared to the sled. It can depend on the stuck, if easy to roll the sled that may be an easier unstuck as it is difficult to roll the bike. Another difference, I find I can start up hill with the bike after a stuck and not so with the sled. The bike is about 200lbs lighter than the sled so easier to pull/lift out of a hole. Although the bike should be pulled straight, where you can pull the sled at an angle. Overall, if riding alone I would rather unstuck the bike.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If you are just stuck the bike usually can be walked out on top of the snow .

Now if you mess up real good and flip it downhill that is another

story, they do not roll over at all and lifting it upright up hill takes almost

superhuman strength. So most of the time you will just not get stuck on the

Bike if you do it usually is easy but the odd time it is twice as hard as a sled.

How is that for confusing a easy question:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features