• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Pro Mounting

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
ANyone mount the PP skis on their PC with the old style Cat mounts? Having trouble getting another PC SLP mount, don't want to ride the sled again with the stock skis, especially with the amount of snow we are getting. Haven't looked at them close, but figured someone here would know.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Yes. I cut down the rubbers then urethaned them to the saddle. You will also need to get a the M series spindle bushing as the old saddles take a larger bolt.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I put the bushings on the lathe and drilled them out to fit the larger bolt and cut the rubber saddles down (very dangerous on a table saw). If I were doing it again I would just buy the correct parts from slp, but it was early season and I wanted to ride on the PPs not the junk stock skis.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
I'm running with the smaller 2012 fastener I checked at 250 miles and still good but ill check again I'm at 500 miles now and still is in the back of my mind.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I used HCR saddles. They have the correct bolt size, and I used some rubbers from Polaris edge PP mounts that I modded to fit under it. Worked out good. Must be high demand for PP for the new cat, since they are out of saddles.

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Powder Pro's from 09 on 12 PC

Earlier in the season I ordered the Rubber Pads (OEM) for the skies from cat. I cut them down with a box knife and touched up on bench grinder. bought the Metric bolt and just used the old SLP mounts. They fit good for powder snow and early season. They were real aggressive on the PC. Later in season I took them off and went back to the stock ski for Not Powder days. The P.P. really kept the front end up on top of the snow. Stock skies work ok for spring time snow. Just my 2 cents. RickM

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I'm running the old 05-09 mounts.

I just cut the little nubs off the bottom of the rubber and used the bolts that the sled comes with when its bolted to the crate.

One of mine finally tore after 600 miles, but the boots are a lot cheaper then the saddles!

Premium Features