• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone try clear vinyl on tunnel?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The ring of ice on my PC does bother me a bit. I am not a fan of sled wraps, but has anyone tried vinyl on the tunnel to keep the snow from sticking? I have a cutter and used to do decals for a living, I have a roll of clear vinyl here, it would be pretty easy to apply a layer where the snow likes to stick around the exchangers. Maybe pull the bumper and run it underneath? For that matter, it wouldn't be too hard to draw up the file and cut them on the cutter. Does it help?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Clear vinyl will help but it needs to be thicker to be really effective. ClearBra is 2-3 times as thick and works way better than the clear vinyl.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I tried the 3m clear vinyl on one side only this year and after 465 miles the verdict is in.Makes no differance it still collects on the side and that is even using Mcguires spraywax on the sides.It does come off fairly easy though with the wax.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
I tried the 3m clear vinyl on one side only this year and after 465 miles the verdict is in.Makes no differance it still collects on the side and that is even using Mcguires spraywax on the sides.It does come off fairly easy though with the wax.

I think you're wrong. A wrap or any vinyl wills hands down work better at shedding snow than raw aluminum. My wrap works amazing at keeping snow and ice from sticking.

I would def. try the clear. Can't hurt. Take care to bet the bubbles out during application tho. They'll show thru the clear.

I would suggest pairing the vinyl with a pair of my exceptional EZ Boards for keeping the running boards and tunnel snow free!:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features