• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help on belt deflection

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Ordered a stage 2 torsional clutch kit from BMP and installed. That is a story for another day, but lets say I am not impressed with BMP or the kit.

Anyway, I can't get my belt deflection right. It is sitting about 1/8 of an inch below the secondary. Added shims, took shims off, took all shims off, still the same place. Any advice?

Also, the secondary is getting hotter than the primary. I take it this is due to deflection?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
How many shims do you have behind the adjuster block?

One thing to keep in mind, the M1100 belt does not ride like an M series. The M8/M1000 you can adjust it until just the ribs on the belt are above the sheave and you are good. On the M1100 it seems like the belt is about even with the sheave. The four stroke won't usually chirp either, it will idle down when deflection is too tight.......and if it is real tight she will just walk away from you.

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Stock it had 1 med shim. With a medium and a large, it idled up to 2800. Back to the medium, rpm's were 2000.

While I am not a fan of the BMP kit, it did pull harder than I have ever felt before. Lifted the front end 4 inches off the ground on flat ground.

Premium Features