• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Side panel rubbing warranty?

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Can someone find out what cat is going to do about the side panel and belly pans rubbing through? My dealer has talked to cat multiple times and got no reply. Did they do anything to the 13's to remedy the problem?

S

snodad

Jan 5, 2008
Yeah, mine went all the way through both parts yesterday and the dealer said they would 'call Arctic Cat'.

I just love how they pretend like it is the first time they have heard of something that is a well known problem. The only people this won't happen to will be those who never make left side powder turns or pull steep side-hills on the left side.

How could Arctic Cat market the sled as a mountain sled if you can only sidehill on the right side? Even the old M series would rub the side, but I never wore completely through in 3+ seasons... I don't even have 400 miles on this sled!

I have noodled on how I would like to brace the panel out, but I figured Arctic Cat would come up with a fix for this before people's clutches chewed all the way through the panels. Just a simple little link that you could pop pins out to change the belt would do the trick.

I would appreciate all those who have noticed the groove in their side panel to speak up to put some pressure on Arctic Cat to stand behind their product or perhaps they should change the sled's marketing category to the 1/2 mountain sled class.

By the way, the new belt and jackshaft update fixed the clutch heat issue for me. Belt and clutch temperatures are way better.

Snodad

32longtrack

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
I agree, my side panel is chewed through too. The more people we can get to call their dealer the more of a chance we might get this resolved under warranty (the squeaky wheel gets the oil). The problem happens when operating the sled in accordance with its design. I hope cat gets this fixed.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
i sure hope cat warranties these as on the 13 they built a brace so the panels dont fall in. that to me says we have aknoledged the issue and the 12s should get the new panels and such under warranty. maybe thats there plan. like that letter stated get all the updates done next fall then get your free year warranty. maybe that will be an update can always dream right :p

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
i sure hope cat warranties these as on the 13 they built a brace so the panels dont fall in. that to me says we have aknoledged the issue and the 12s should get the new panels and such under warranty. maybe thats there plan. like that letter stated get all the updates done next fall then get your free year warranty. maybe that will be an update can always dream right :p

Doesn't do me much good if i want to sell or trade my sled at the end of the spring. Really facks me over and will more than likely end up costing me 300 for a new belly pan and side panel.

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
hopefully they do somthing if not then i would start argueing the fact they have changed 13 for this exact reason.
raise hell haha good luck hope it all works out. i will post as soon as i know about our sled here.

Premium Features