• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So, anyone blow an 084 yet?

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Just curious if anyone has some miles on there 084 yet? And has anyone with prior issues, had there problems solved by slapping this belt on and getting all the updates done?

Been reading some rpm drop and clutch temp drops but anyone with isssues get there problem solved?

-Aksnopro

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Recieved mine last thursday. I am not having a belt problem so I will not be putting the new belt on. Until needed

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Put a tank and a half on my superbelt yesterday. !/2 tank break in (like the letter says Mr. Darling). Top up and then 50 mile "catch-up" ride.

First I would like to say be prepared to get very cold breaking in a belt like the letter tells you. Wear extra clothes. Now I know why the make heated seats and grips.

The 084 takes about 50% longer to get to too hot compared to the 083. So for me it didn`t cure my poor clutching (my left toes are very sensitive LOL). In fact it made my poor clutching even poorer.

The belt has large difference in grip from cold to hot. About 300 to 400 rpm when you`re working the sled . With the 083 the r`were pretty consistant for me. With the 084 the r`s were "spinny" when cold and too low when hot (when you need it the most).

So I will recalibrate for a hot 084 (it's not too hard to get the belt hot on our sleds anyway) and give it a try. Then I will decide if my belt will be 083 or 084.

I think, Mr. Darling, the letter should have had some recalibration instructions.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
What leg does a guy stand on getting free weights if it doesn't pull the right rpm?

My buddy had his primary balanced and it was 12 grams out of balance, which the guy said it was the most out of balance clutch he has ever seen. Could some of the heat be caused by an out of balance clutch? Might be part of the reason the belt chatters between the clutches.

Man... If i have to buy one of these 084 belts this season im throwing in the flag....

-Aksnopro

Last edited:
G
Jan 18, 2012
Put a tank and a half on my superbelt yesterday. !/2 tank break in (like the letter says Mr. Darling). Top up and then 50 mile "catch-up" ride.

First I would like to say be prepared to get very cold breaking in a belt like the letter tells you. Wear extra clothes. Now I know why the make heated seats and grips.

The 084 takes about 50% longer to get to too hot compared to the 083. So for me it didn`t cure my poor clutching (my left toes are very sensitive LOL). In fact it made my poor clutching even poorer.

The belt has large difference in grip from cold to hot. About 300 to 400 rpm when you`re working the sled . With the 083 the r`were pretty consistant for me. With the 084 the r`s were "spinny" when cold and too low when hot (when you need it the most).

So I will recalibrate for a hot 084 (it's not too hard to get the belt hot on our sleds anyway) and give it a try. Then I will decide if my belt will be 083 or 084.

I think, Mr. Darling, the letter should have had some recalibration instructions.

Your going to decide weather u want a 083 or 084 huh... wow wish mine was that simple.. i def need an 084 if its sooo cold for u... jack ur sled up and crank her up a few times to warm up the belt. but doubt u have that issue with these.... i want to have a cold belt.. cuz that means cold clutches.. So how is it perrfooorrmingg for you thats the real question is it gripping enough for you once u warm it up? do u have a side panel vent kit helping keep it cool? anyone have a side panel vent kit?

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
My buddy had his primary balanced and it was 12 grams out of balance, which the guy said it was the most out of balance clutch he has ever seen. Could some of the heat be caused by an out of balance clutch? Might be part

bro, knowing what i know (a chit ton more then most) i would run for the hills if some probrojoe tire shop wanted to trim balance 12 grams from my primary

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
just picked up my sled today from the dealer....got my driven shaft update completed and a new thumb warmer installed....off to throw my new 084 belt on!!

W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
Ok, got home last night after a 50 mile ride in up to 18" of fresh. Rode 6500' up to 8k'. My sled has the updates done and is a stock 800 retro 153. No venting, clutching, ect. I have about 200 miles on my original 083 and it gets pretty damn hot, but has stayed together so far. Started my day on my 083 for about 10 miles telling myself that I was gonna break in the 084 as nicely as possible, not breaking trail all day. Then I said F-IT and threw on the 084. Did about 40 hard miles, lots of WOT. It did seem so slip a little less and grab better especially in the high RPM's. Did I loose RPM's ? Maybe a hundred or so but was not really noticable as she was pulling hard. 084 looks perfect after my ride. The best part is the belt temp was NOTICEABLY cooler! We are getting nailed with the biggest storm of the year right now and should have 6+ feet of fresh by my next ride on Friday, so will update again later. Thanks

W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
Just finished two straight days riding with 4+ feet of new snow. Friday was very light (For California) and bottomless. Saturday the snow really setup and was heavy and sticky. My 084 did get pretty hot but still looks great. About 90 miles total for the two days!

064.jpg 069.jpg

Premium Features