• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fuel pump stopped working on 1100t

C
Dec 22, 2008
Day 1 : 50 miles into our day of riding 9000 to 10000 ft 220 miles on the machine prior to the start of the day.

Shut the sled off and went to restart and nothing spitted and sputtered like it was out of gas. Put 2 gallons of fuel in and nothing thats when i noticed the fuel pump was not coming on when i turned the key on. Well during the ride just before this happened it cut out and back fired two times during two separate long flat straight pulls it has been running fine for the total of 270 miles it has on it at that point.
So after turning the sled around and draging it out with my buddys pro all the hour it took to get it back to the lodge the f-ing thing fires up fuel pump turns on now imagine that. So trying to start it a hundred times along the trail it doesnt fire up untill we get to the lodge just my luck.
Put the belt back in and ran the dog piss out of it for 26 miles back to the truck no popping ran great.

Day 2:
It started!!!!!!!
put 56 miles on it but only shut it off 2 times wasnt taking a chance. Wide open throttle all day and no problems no back fireing the thing ran fine.

The Ballistic battery i put in far exceeded my expectations we seriously cranked on the thing non stop to the point where we figured the starter was going to be worn out. (didnt know during this time one hundred percent if it was the fuel pump but since i couldnt hear it power on i just assumed it was.)

Now what.... Not sure i can trust it to far off the road and in the areas we ride pretty close to impossible to drag it out. Will contact the dealer ASAP I will post any info and problems found Later.....

Premium Features