• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI...INFO ON 2012 SILBER TURBO PRO RMK TURBO KITS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Last week I contacted all the turbo companies for details... I'll be posting that up here as I get more info (still waiting on emails from some)

The Turbo section has become this bash fest in the past season... I really don't want to see this happen this season.

Please... lets keep this thread on topic. This is not a place to bash on their products... nor talk about other competitors aftermarket offerings.. this is a "FYI" thread on this particular product.

If you want to speak about the virtues or have criticisms of this or of another mfg, please do so in another thread.

I will ask the same of the other brand FYI's I put up.
Thanks in advance
============================================

I contacted Justin at Silber turbo and had a good conversation with him about his turbo kits and exciting new features and options that he has to offer to put up an FYI thread on his PRO-RMK kits.

I have received emails from our members asking why I have not put up up info on the Silber kits.

So that some of you do not think that I am leaving Silber Turbo kits "out of the loop" I'm posting this up to let you know.

Justin asked me directly NOT to put up info in the forums on his and to simply say that he was still in business and that he is nearly sold out of turbo kits for the PRO RMK for this season.

Out of respect for Justins wishes I am not posting information on his kits... if he changes his mind I'll be happy to elaborate on what I'm sure will be a great product for this season.

Keep up the good work.

Information added by Silber 9-17-2011

Silber: Here is some final information on the 2012 kit. I will have pictures up next week, waiting on parts to come back from coating. Thanks for your patience.

Please give me a call if you have any questions or concerns.
Justin 320 282 6812

2012 SILBER PRO RMK TURBO KIT

The wait is over, Here are the final details on the 2012 PRO RMK turbo kits. After a very successful 2011 turbo build, we have changed the 2012 kit to better suit the snowmobile environment and customers needs.

• New Water cooled Hybrid Turbocharger
  • Closed loop assist fuel controller
  • 14” stainless Muffler
  • Billet throttle body boot with integrated secondary Fuel Injectors.
  • New billet BOV
  • Ceramic Coated/ polished Turbocharger Housing
  • Polished Air box
  • Stainless exhaust Piping
  • New Adjustable clutch weight
  • New Custom angle helix
  • Billet turbo to pipe adapter
  • New Stock hood plenum intake
  • All parts Preassembled
  • All wiring plug and play
  • Includes all gauges and clutching

Please contact Silber Turbos with any questions or concerns regarding our 2012 Turbo kit.

Last edited:

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Damn i got excited when i saw the title :face-icon-small-ton

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Im sure we are all eager to see the goods ! Some of us more than others.

Thanks for your effort MH ! I think you do a fine job.

M

Milton900

May 30, 2008
Why would Justin give a release date for there turbo kit info and then just let the date pass by without any updates:face-icon-small-fro. hope this isn't a reflection of the turbo delivery process:face-icon-small-dis

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
How can he be almost SOLDOUT? That's going to pi$$ me off. I'm very interested, but I'm not going to fork over $4k for something that I haven't even seen yet.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Thats a good question

alot of commotion over this, everyones so axcious, to silbers defence he was probably on his smart phone, while all his info is on his work computer which is down right now, hes been returning my emails off his smart phone..

come on silber get in here and clear the air!

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
silber 2011 kit

Well if I can calm some nerves. My 2011 kit has 1600 km on it @12 lbs all day long on 100LL . Pistons still look like new and the reeds are perfect. Runs like a top ! I will probably change out the pistons next year though. I am sure the 2012 kit will be worth waiting for :face-icon-small-win

H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
almost sold out??? damn i havent even got my 2012 pro yet :face-icon-small-blu i was hoping to get in on one of these kits mid year. hope i still can:face-icon-small-ton

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
If you have been on this forum for long, you would know that nothing but good things are talked about when referring to Justin and his turbos. I bought one of his sleds and he has been very helpful with all of my questions after I got it. I will definitely buy another one of his kits based on nothing but his good reputation. In fact, if anybody snowchecked one of his kits and doesn't want it, PM me.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I wonder if/when he runs out of his kits they will sell for more than retail? When we were nearing the end of the snow check and there was a question of making the 20% discount level I almost bought a second one. I was pretty sure that I could get my money back out of it and wanted to make sure we got the 20%. Now I might be buying a second 2012 Pro, it would suck to have to wait until after the season to get another kit.
I think this says a lot about how Silber does business. Don't think he couldn't just keep making as many kits as people want. The hard thing is going to be servicing all of his old plus the many new customers and maintaining a high level of quality control in his product. Giving up profits to service customers well is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED BY THIS CUSTOMER!

J

j.c.higgins

Nov 26, 2007
St. Albert, Alberta
Who knows it could be more than a 20% discount!! If he has upwards of 80 plus kits on order which someone mentioned in a previous post, you never know! Besides the final tally has never been confirmed.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Who knows it could be more than a 20% discount!! If he has upwards of 80 plus kits on order which someone mentioned in a previous post, you never know! Besides the final tally has never been confirmed.

Ya it was justin came on here and told us... Believe it was 36

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
How can he be almost SOLDOUT? That's going to pi$$ me off. I'm very interested, but I'm not going to fork over $4k for something that I haven't even seen yet.

Guess I would rather have him say, he is sold out. That is better than promising something you cant provide.

Many guys have forked over a ton of cash for Struthers motors and all you know about those is "they run". This is no different. I wouldnt hesitate one second to write Justin a check without seeing it.

Give Justin a break, if he doesnt want to flash his design all over the net more power to him. I think his set up last year pretty much spoke for itself, and a little evolution this one is probably even better.

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
As long as it works, that's all I care about.
Do we have a consensus yet on what rear suspension mods will be required to hold the front end down? I would like mine to look as stock as possible, a sleeper if you will. Or do i just learn to wheelie up hills because I'm OK with that too:)

This will be my first high HP sled in over 30 years of riding so bring it on.

:plane:

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
As long as it works, that's all I care about.
Do we have a consensus yet on what rear suspension mods will be required to hold the front end down? I would like mine to look as stock as possible, a sleeper if you will. Or do i just learn to wheelie up hills because I'm OK with that too:)

This will be my first high HP sled in over 30 years of riding so bring it on.

:plane:

I've been wondering the same thing, been considering k mot or mt tamer, but I had Ryzner re valve the skid and add remote rescivoirs last year, got her all set up for my weight and fell even more in love with the sled. Ive decided I'm gonna leave it stock and try control it with the rtss first before I dump a bunch more money into it.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
I know Justin has probably the best most loyal fan base on here and he has worked hard to build and maintain his reputation. So my hats off to him for everything he has done to this point in his career.

However, I think selling or pre ordering something that a manufacturer is un wiling to give the details on is NEVER a good sign. At this point your buying a reputation and not a product. I have done that before and it didn't work out as I had planned.

I know its Justin's business and his decision. I personally just don't agree with leaving people in the dark. Many people are trying to make decisions on which turbos to buy this season. More people might jump on board with Silber if they knew what they were getting. Then again more people might jump off board too, so I guess it works both ways.

I hope it's a great kit. Justin deserves more successes based on his track record. I would love a chance to evaluate and compare his kit with my other options before I commit to a decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features