• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss Noss anyone?

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
I am trying to think of ways to get some more hp out of my future pro without voiding warranty. Is anyone using the Boss Noss nitrous kit? Or, is anyone planning to use it? The way I see it, you could use this kit and if you had to take your sled in for warranty work, you could just remove it and replace your air box so the technician couldn't tell anything was installed. I know this is wrong:nono:, but it is possible, i think. This kit does not hook up to your ECU at all. With the race fuel injected with the nitrous, this kit should be very safe. From what I've read on the other forums, it works really well. I'm not planning on going through a 5lb bottle of nitrous everyday, just when I need that extra uummff to get up to where i want to go.

Last edited:
S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
From what ive read about them is they arent accurate on HP. I could be wrong though, thats just what ive seen on a couple posts.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I am trying to think of ways to get some more hp out of my future pro without voiding warranty. Is anyone using the Boss Noss nitrous kit? Or, is anyone planning to use it? The way I see it, you could use this kit and if you had to take your sled in for warranty work, you could just remove it and replace your air box so the technician couldn't tell anything was installed. This kit does not hook up to your ECU at all. With the race fuel injected with the nitrous, this kit should be very safe. From what I've read on the other forums, it works really well. I know this is wrong:nono:, but it is possible, i think. I'm not planning on going through a 5lb bottle of nitrous everyday, just when I need that extra uummff to get up to where i want to go.

We have used the updated boss noss system that has the additional bottle for race fuel. It works awesome! You are going to have a hard time installing it without a tech noticing, because you put the injectors in the carb/throttle body boots. You say that you will not go through a 5lb bottle but I am guessing you will find different. HP is very addicting, and like any other addictive substance, you will find yourself looking for more. Next thing you will want nitrous all the time and be back on here reading in the turbo section, which a turbo is like unlimited nitrous. The difference between HP, and drugs, is there is rehab for drugs. Just say no unless you want to find yourself looking for more by way of a turbo. It will satisfy your HP crave for only so long. Its fun at first, but then you will be looking for more. Just keep it stock unless you want to head down, "that road." Just my experience, and yes, we are all running turbos now!

Last edited:

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Just got rid of my turbo. Didn't like it for anything other than seeing how high i could go. In the tight areas and trees it flatout sucked in my opinion. I had every guy and their brother that knew turbo'd D8's get on it and tune and clutch and tell me that it was running great, but I still didn't like it in the tight technical spots, which is where most of my riding takes place. This is why i want to go the Boss Noss route, in my opion the best of both worlds. As far as the throttle body boots go, they can be replaced too before taking it to the technician. I know how to wrench enough to handle that task.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I am trying to think of ways to get some more hp out of my future pro without voiding warranty. Is anyone using the Boss Noss nitrous kit? Or, is anyone planning to use it? The way I see it, you could use this kit and if you had to take your sled in for warranty work, you could just remove it and replace your air box so the technician couldn't tell anything was installed. This kit does not hook up to your ECU at all. With the race fuel injected with the nitrous, this kit should be very safe. From what I've read on the other forums, it works really well. I know this is wrong:nono:, but it is possible, i think. I'm not planning on going through a 5lb bottle of nitrous everyday, just when I need that extra uummff to get up to where i want to go.

Just got rid of my turbo. Didn't like it for anything other than seeing how high i could go. In the tight areas and trees it flatout sucked in my opinion. I had every guy and their brother that knew turbo'd D8's get on it and tune and clutch and tell me that it was running great, but I still didn't like it in the tight technical spots, which is where most of my riding takes place. This is why i want to go the Boss Noss route, in my opion the best of both worlds. As far as the throttle body boots go, they can be replaced too before taking it to the technician. I know how to wrench enough to handle that task.
Okay, not quite sure what your question is then? Are you wondering how well the kit works, or what will be involved to uninstall them and taking your sled back to stock appearance?

H

happyhour

Nov 26, 2007
I have installed and ran the the new boss noss system on my personal sled, with the carbon fiber bottle on the pro 800 rmk. it is not a easy fit but it does fit. I am running the 60 hp setup, as far as taking it off and on I wouldn't want to do it every time I had to take it in for service but it is doable. there wouldn't be a foot print other than the mounting holes . For boon docking I absolutely loved this setup.

Last edited:

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
How do you have your clutching setup? What kind of RPM increase are you seeing when on the button when you are in the steep and deep? How long did it take you to install?

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Are you wondering how well the kit works, or what will be involved to uninstall them and taking your sled back to stock appearance?

Yes and yes.

Also would like to know install time. Also, what kind of an rpm increase are guys seeing when on the button for clutching purposes. I would hate to have to clutch for 7700rpm to not hit the rev limiter when on the bottle, if that is true, i won't install this kit.

Dec 21, 2010
Wisconsin
In your post you say WHEN you get it. My suggestion if you haven’t ridden the sled yet then ride it awhile it will surprise you how well it climbs. Then go from there you might think about an SLP stage 3 kit and add the Tide clutch. My friends D8 is amazing with that so I can only imagine what a pro would be like. Just my 2 cents

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Yes and yes.

Also would like to know install time. Also, what kind of an rpm increase are guys seeing when on the button for clutching purposes. I would hate to have to clutch for 7700rpm to not hit the rev limiter when on the bottle, if that is true, i won't install this kit.
Install for us was about 5-6 hours. Of course we are talking different sleds, not a pro. Just took awhile getting to the the boots where you install the nozzles. They are really not complicated at all, that's what makes them a really good kit. Hardest part is just finding a place for two bottles and running lines for a clean look. There are two bottles, NOS bottle and then the race gas bottle. The rest is super easy. Mount a switch and then stick the box with the battery and circuitry somewhere. The power button turns on the 9volt that controls the solenoid. The only other part is you install two nozzles, one for each cylinder in the throttle body boots. The nice thing is that the nozzle uses the venturi effect to draw in race fuel as the nos is injected so you get perfect ratio at all pressures. We were seeing about 200-300 rpm increase. I think if you were clutched for around 8000 you would be good. Power seemed to be similar to about 6 pounds of boost. Just go here and read the instructions should give you good idea. http://www.bossnoss.com/snowmobile

Last edited:

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Thanks for the info, my main concern is the the clutching. With 200-300rpm increase on the bottle, I should still be able to clutch for 8100-8200 and stay off the rev limiter(8600rpm). In my mind this setup should work great.

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
In your post you say WHEN you get it. My suggestion if you haven’t ridden the sled yet then ride it awhile it will surprise you how well it climbs. Then go from there you might think about an SLP stage 3 kit and add the Tide clutch. My friends D8 is amazing with that so I can only imagine what a pro would be like. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the suggestion. I have ridden the sled, just not my 12' that is coming in the fall. Your suggestion for upgrades would completely void the warranty on the sled and cost over $2k. I can keep my 4yr warranty with the Boss Noss setup with a little extra work and an extra throttle body boot for around $900.

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
How do you have your clutching setup? What kind of RPM increase are you seeing when on the button when you are in the steep and deep?

I'm still curious how guys that have the Boss Noss kit on their Pro's have setup their clutching???

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I'm still curious how guys that have the Boss Noss kit on their Pro's have setup their clutching???

I've sold a lot of these kits. And as long as you don't try to go crazy and do a 2 stage kit where you shoot 60 HP and add another 60HP on top of it to achieve 120 you can clutch it to work when your on and when your off the juice.

For a single stage kit at (60HP max) shoot for maybe 200 RPM less when not on the juice so when your on the juice your only 200 RPM over max. That way your sled will work well for both. You can over rev you just might be slightly higher than your Peak HP. That is why some say the kits are slightly lower in HP figures than they say. It is because you almost have to set you clutching to comprise and fit the best when you on and off the noss. I think that is a starting point and then you can adjust to your liking after playing around with it.

http://www.gobigparts.com/Boss-Noss-New.html

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
I know a little over rev is ok, but i don't want to hit the limiter in a tight situation. Guys are saying these pros are running best at 8200-8300, and the limiter is 8600. So, you're saying i should be fine clutching for 8100-8200. I see your in michigan, are any of these kits your selling being used at 8,000-11,000 elevation?

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
i have run boss noss on a few of my sleds i would say dont touch the clutching becouse you are not on the noss that much only for a few sec hear and a few sec there, on my 08 600 the rpms jumped from 8200 to 9000 same with my 08 700 been running both like this since new in 08 both over 3000 miles and about 60 to 80 lbs on nos threw them boss in very easy install and works great also the hp numbers are correct in is the boondocker kits not correct also was running a 60hp shot in the 700 and 90 in the 600

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I know a little over rev is ok, but i don't want to hit the limiter in a tight situation. Guys are saying these pros are running best at 8200-8300, and the limiter is 8600. So, you're saying i should be fine clutching for 8100-8200. I see your in michigan, are any of these kits your selling being used at 8,000-11,000 elevation?

Yes, they are built and tested at higher elevation in Utah.

Premium Features