• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Groomsman Gifts

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
Getting married in November. Looking for gifts to give my groomsmen/ushers. I'd like to give them something memorable AND useful.

I was in a wedding two weeks ago and was given a personalized business card carrier/wallet. I use the thing EVERY DAY already...awesome gift. Can't give the same thing as that guy is in my wedding too!

Was thinking a Benchmade knife with the date engraved on it...BUT, there's a huge stigma/superstition with giving someone a knife (that it cuts the tie you have with that person...)

4 groomsmen, 2 ushers. $100/gift is about what I'm shooting for.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The weddings I have been involved with had:
(Each of these was obviously given based on the grooms general association with the group.)

--stainless steel flasks with initials engraved on them.

--brand new full sized Louisville sluggers with custom engraving.

--glass beer steins with engraving.

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
The weddings I have been involved with had:
(Each of these was obviously given based on the grooms general association with the group.)

--stainless steel flasks with initials engraved on them.

--glass beer steins with engraving.

These seem to be the pretty standard gifts when googling "groomsman gifts". Not really what I'd like to do.

The fiancee had a good idea of putting their initials rather than the date on the knives...always thinking, that girl is. :face-icon-small-ton

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
None of the above had the wedding date in there...they had the recipients initials.

Buy em each a set of running shoes....to signify they are still unmarried and running from the idea of nuptuals. LOL Or if one of them is married, get him a something equally as appropriate.

S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
One of the gifts that I gave each of my groomsmen was a Chrome 4D Maglight flashlight. Each of them still have it in there truck 6 years later. Cheaper than $100, but still a great gift.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
For our wedding I gave my groomsman each a Leatherman "wave" both Still have them 4 years later and use them everyday. For being in weddings in the past I have gotten as gifts;

1. Rocky Mtn Elk Knife (still use hunting every year).

2. Custom engraved putter (sits in a glass case on my office wall).

3. Money clip, while nice looking I have never used this.

4. Cabelas hunting jacket (still use this every year).

I think the trick is that you should know what these guys like. Two of the 4 weddings I have been in have given individual gifts to each groomsman rather then then same gift to all of them.

P.S. If you give your groomsman camo hunting jackets as a gift..........they may be warn at the reception.........all night!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
If they are true friends they will talk you out of getting married, then you won't need to buy them any gifts.

SPARK PLUG

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
FRESNO CA
i bought all my groomsmen a poker chip set with their initials engraved on all the chips. everybody seamed to really like them and we still use them when we play cards

S

Superjag

Jan 30, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
I did different gifts for each of the guys in my wedding party. Pain in the a$$, but I wanted everyone to get something he would/could actaully use. Gifts were: Golf shoes, hunting knife, camp stove, Red Wings jersey, fishing reel, and a holster.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
I got a big mug cup and a couple of cigars from my brother. Im his best man at his wedding. too much beer spill on dancing floor by drunk people.. good time!

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Regardless of what is said above, theses guys are obviuosly some very good friends, and good friends deserve some thought.Buy each of them a gift that will mean something to them. not something that is useless and just set aside. Remember were all different.Good luck.:face-icon-small-hap

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
my buddy did custom engraving (my name) on a really nice craftsman ratchet and everytime i pull it out I think it was a great idea

M
Nov 27, 2007
Houston, TX
Not really a useful gift, but this was pretty funny: I was the best man for a wedding and for a "special best man gift" my friend made me a "best man trophy". He went to the local trophy store and they sold him a box of old crappy trophies for like $10 and he built a huge (7-8 ft tall) ridiculously ugly trophy and glued little liquor bottles all over it. He gave that to me at the rehearsal dinner; it was pretty funny. I still have it in my house, makes for a good conversation piece. Like all gifts though, it depends on your relation/personalities.

Premium Features