• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 wont start

M8CAT

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
Has pleanty of compression and spark. Not getting any fuel, can you hook up the fuel pump to a power source to see if it works??? Can get it to start as long as we squirt fuel into carb bodies. Dont have alot of knowledge on the efi sleds yet. Thanks

W
Nov 26, 2007
St. Cloud, MN
I know I have seen this on mine a few times. Is the Throttle loose like if rotates on the handle bars. Screws with teh TPS sensor. You normally see it on sleds with AC plastic hand guards mounts on it. Maybe some more info like mods. Is it in a heated shop? Could just be ice in gas lines.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Just had the same thing happen on my 05 M7 and it was the fuel pump which is in the tank. The pump new is like $385, complete highway robbery.

Pour a little gas in the cylinders and start it while you have the gas cap off. You will be able to hear the pump start pumping if it is working while the sled is running off the gas in the cylinders.

Have you had the sled running this year? Sometimes the fuel pump can just get gummed up sitting over the summer. Stick your hand in the tank and just tap on the pump a little. Sometimes it will free it up and it will start working again.

Good luck

D
Dec 17, 2007
same problem

Find the wiring harness that comes out of the tank, unplug wires then make two jumpers plug into a 12 volt power source, it primed my pump and everything started working

sidehillsam

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
Post Falls, Idaho
Friend's 05 m7 would not start on the mountain, had to tow him home. He replaced the fuel pump, next ride it went ten miles and then would not start. We tried the 9v battery trick numerous times both polarities. Pulling the rope and plugging in the fuel pump wires at the same time we noticed a small squirt of fuel. Twisted the prongs in the wire connector and sled fired first pull. Ran great the rest of the day. Back at the parking lot it would not start. We got it home and finally confirmed it was the connector that would not make contact. Buddy cut it out, and replaced it with spade connectors and sled seems to start fine now.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Another thing to check is to make sure the screens that are on the "pick-ups" in the fuel tank aren't plugged. I don't know how much crap can get in the tank, but if you look in it with just a little gas in and you'll be surprised by all the crud that can get in there. I lost a motor because it went lean suddenly and detonated everything to crap. I cleaned the screens and everything is working great ever since.

S

Sled365

Mar 14, 2008
The one and Only G-Town,Wy
Yeah check the pick ups in the tank. and the 12 volt batterie thing works good. but if your on the mountain and dont have a batterie you can just switch the wires around that are coming out of the tank so that it will reverse the pump and get it reset. then put back to normal and it works good for me. good luck:beer;

Premium Features