• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at out of state sled, need advice.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Hey there, I'm looking at a sled from Oregon and want to register it here in WA but don't want a huge hassle like having to get it inspected.

Has anyone bought a sled from OR and registered it over here? Let me know how tough or easy it was.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
should be just a quick transfer ! i think ore has titles on there sleds ! unlike wa !i have done several out of state transfers with no issues ! i think they only inspect totaled titles now !!!
mike:D

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
If OR has titles, you will need the signed over title. If they have registration only (like WA) then you will need a bill of sale.

Go to your local vehicle registration branch and they will tell you exactly what you need.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Valley WA
I have not bought a sled from OR, but I recently purchased one in Montana (which have titles). I brought the title and registration to the licensing office and there was no issue. Paid the sales tax and fees and it was very simple.

Premium Features