• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Altitude compensator on turbo phazer

P
Dec 30, 2007
hey i have a 2007 phazer mountain lite and i put a new boost gauge on and thought id wire the light for it into the two wires that go back to the altitude compensator before i hooked it up i checked to make sure the wires had voltage what they did but when i hooked the light up and started the sled it didnt come on and there was no voltage and i havent had any since i chased the wires all the way back to the mc express computer and there was no fuse anywhere so i was wondering if maybe i fried something in the computer it seems to not put out as much boost as it used to it used to hit 14-16 now only 10-12 so any info anyone has would be appreciated.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
you put a light on the wires that go to the wastegate controller? that wont work there is not 12v through that circuit. i doubt you hurt the circuit but you need to disconnect that. get your power for the gauge off the head light or something like that.

L
Jan 2, 2008
Cranbrook BC
take your power from the key on power, your headlight, or build your own off the battery or fuse box. put your own fuse then feed your wires up to a relay that is turned on by your key power. lots of ways to do it dude. tail lights too.

P
Dec 30, 2007
ya i have made my own power off the battery but not i am not sure if my altitude compensator or waste gate controller or what ever it is doesnt have 12v power anymore and before i connected that light there was power there according to my volt meter. anyways any ideas?? is there suppose to be power all the time or only when it is adjusting??

Premium Features