• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

084, blown in less miles than the 083, wtf

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Does anyone know if the tied clutch can be converted to run on different sled. Or is it a buy for brand X and if you switch to Brand Y then you need a whole new clutch.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Tied clutch works okay. Float, wobble, and smooth help withe belt life for sure.

As stated above the backshift is iffy if your into Teams multiangle helix's. Add more spring for backshift and temps go up and upshift suffers.
I call BS on cool running in the PC though. Especially in the trees, especially with iffy backshift.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i know years ago in the 800 zrt i tried to overcome a clutch issue with an aftermarket super belt fix..its not the answer.

i find that clutch issues hidden by strength increases in belts can really cause some fatigue issues in the aluminum

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I am pulling, or stressing the cords on the new belt and its pulling them to the outside of the belt, as in toward the top side. To much bind or pressure in the secondary, weather its feed back or what I don't know. Not that the primary doesn't have its own issues, the secondary has something odd happening. I think the drive system needs looked at as far as feedback.

Oh and it gets completely wet inside my clutch area, what a joke.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I don't ride a cat but sounds very similar to doo if the clutchs are not working together or not lined up is where the heat is coming from fought this on my 08 all season got ride of it and got an 09 different sled no problems. Doo did fix some issues but thats the problem with first year sleds cat should be giving belts out. Doo was very good with me in 08. At the costs of these sleds this should not be an issue anymore. I don't know if the clutches will work of a 2010 cat but would be interesting if they would what the results would be. I have buds that have no problems with those they actually wear the belts out and then change them. I don't buy first year sleds anymore because of this chit. Good luck on getting it work.

G
Jan 18, 2012
Supposedly there is a Dayco one that will handle it. I will find out the p/n & post

Heard the Dayco XTX 5017 is the one that a guy is running @ my dealership he is also running a 1100T helix and a heavier tip weighted 75g... not sure if its tip or mid weight and he said he has not had a belt problem yet.

Premium Features