• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HaberVision Eliminator or No Fog Spray on 509's?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
We finally got dumped on last night and went out today for a nice powder ride.. I have a set of 509 goggles and I could NOT get these things to stop fogging.. I have used these on plenty of other days and never had them fog, but today was different.. No matter what, if I stopped even briefly these things would fog like no other.. cleaned them, wiped them out and nothing helped.. They would even fog a little when moving at a slow pace.. Has anyone used the No Fog sprays in these goggles?? How well did it work?? Anyone know if the Habervision Eliminator fan system will work with these goggles?? There site doesnt mention them, but doesnt mean they wont work.. I just need something to stop the fog on these things.. dont want another almost ruined day because of it!! Any help is much appreciated!!:beer;:beer;:beer;

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Give the Eliminators a shot. For most people they work, I will say they don't always keep glasses from fogging when wearing them inside of goggles. They are designed for goggles not glasses. They help but not 100%.

Follow the link in my signature, I am a HaberVision rep. If you don't like how they work, you can send them back and get a full refund. We stand behind all of our products. Shoot me a pm or post up if you have any other questions.

I don't have a set of 509's but I have been told that they will fit them. Are they this year's 509's?

Something else to consider is make sure you do not over dress. You should be somewhat cold when you leave the truck/trailer. If you are sweating a lot it will be tough to stay fog free. Your head is a major aspiration point, you are already (hopefully) wearing a helmet holding in even more heat. So basically, back off a layer or two, it is easy to add later on.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Yes, they are the new 509's.. they are the Sinister's. As far as over dress, that wasnt the issue here either.. I didnt even put my balaclava on.. I dont wear glasses, only helmet and googles on my head.. Not sure what the deal was about today, but it was horrible.. I PM'd you about the Eliminator system..:D

oilcan iq

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
fit

I wear glasses. H ow do the Ouzo's fit in mx style helmets? With smaller framed glasses can a person go with a different model or not a good idea? THANKS

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Habervision!!!

I gave the Habervision Eliminator a shot last year. I was kind of skeptical at first about even trying it out but it works like a champ. I haven't had any problems with fogging since:D

Give the Eliminators a shot. For most people they work, I will say they don't always keep glasses from fogging when wearing them inside of goggles. They are designed for goggles not glasses. They help but not 100%.

Follow the link in my signature, I am a HaberVision rep. If you don't like how they work, you can send them back and get a full refund. We stand behind all of our products. Shoot me a pm or post up if you have any other questions.

I don't have a set of 509's but I have been told that they will fit them. Are they this year's 509's?

Something else to consider is make sure you do not over dress. You should be somewhat cold when you leave the truck/trailer. If you are sweating a lot it will be tough to stay fog free. Your head is a major aspiration point, you are already (hopefully) wearing a helmet holding in even more heat. So basically, back off a layer or two, it is easy to add later on.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have the Habor Eliminator on my new 509's. They work fine. You have to kind of bend the Eliminator over the middle bar of the 509's, but they work. The worst thing about the Eliminator is that they make noise. I've been told that the next generation is quieter. Battery life still amazes me.

S
Dec 8, 2009
Osceola, WI
I just gave my set a try last weekend with my glasses. Got the Ouzo's and stuck the eliminator in them. Worked good but it was realitively warm out. I thought the noise was going to be anoying. As the fan is quite loud. But never noticed it when riding when it kicked on. Real test will come this weekend!

T

Trykon_man

May 26, 2008
Helena MT
theblaneys.net
509's fogging

I've seen a lot of posts on here about this. I recently received my 509's and the first two rides were great. Then my last ride was terrible with them. I'm fairly certain that the issue is with my breath box. I replaced the foam before my last ride and i'm not getting a good seal on it now. Are most of you guys using a breath box with these?

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
We are habervision reps too. The top posts on the eliminators each move about a 1/4 of an inch so you can adjust them to a certain degree. The eliminators do fit into the aviators very nicely however you need to do some maneuvering to get them into the sinisters. I have heard that some people can't actually get them in.

As far as the sound we can't hear ours over our sleds. The noise level is something that Haber is doing some R & D on though.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
Another thing to consider before you use "no fog sprays" is that some manufacturer's already coat their lenses with a no fog coating. Applying another chemical in combination with an existing coating could damage or ruin your lenses.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
For glasses wearers, I recommend you use the coating on your glasses, leave the goggles lenses alone other than keeping them clean with the provided cloth/bag. The Eliminator does a good job of keeping the goggles fog free but really isn't designed for the glasses, it helps but does not always keep the glasses fog free.

The Eliminator is a tad loud when stopped but I rarely find it running while you are moving on your sled. It is moving, so it will make noise while stopped. I would rather listen to the hum myself than deal with fogged lenses.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
already tried them thinking this was "the solution". the eliminator did help, but in fogging conditions, they still fog like a beeotch! I also noticed in sub-zero conditions the eliminator quits working. I dont know if the battery is freezing or fan or what. best solution i have found is to have another set of fresh goggles or even two!

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
Hi DP

Your eliminator should be working better than it sounds like it is. What color is the top bracket?

As far as not working in cold temps I would suspect your battery is freezing up are you using an alkaline battery? If so they start to freeze up at about minus 20 celsius. Try switching to a lithium battery.

As an aside Haber has a heck of a sale on this weekend they have 65% off of EVERYTHING!!! To order click on the link below the affinity code has already been entered for you make sure to enter the promo code BLOWOUT to get the extra savings.

http://www.habervision.com/default.aspx?code=TRAX2TREADZ1

Jan

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
already tried them thinking this was "the solution". the eliminator did help, but in fogging conditions, they still fog like a beeotch! I also noticed in sub-zero conditions the eliminator quits working. I dont know if the battery is freezing or fan or what. best solution i have found is to have another set of fresh goggles or even two!

Like mentioned try another battery.

Also make sure that the exhaust vents/ports on top of the goggles are not blocked or frozen up with water/ice/snow.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
The first few trips with my 509's were great, now the last two with the new 509 helmet, 509 goggs and HJC breadguard they fog like a beotch on deep powder days.

Also have the elimantor on a pair of scott's as backup. Tried it twice when 509's were failing me and they iced up within minutes both times.

Not a jab at either vendor just my candid feedback. Don't think anything works great in the deep powder days....

S
Jan 19, 2009
Wausau Wisconsin
Mile High can the eliminator be put in backwards to help clear the glasses? I currently use Scott 87 OTG's with the bottom of the taped off. I do not use the breathbox as it makes my glassess ride to high on the nose and I'm then looking through the bifocal. Last year in Cooke I had some fogging issue on a powery day, but other than that they stayed fairly fog free. My goggles never really fogged it was my glasses. So if I use the fog spray on my glasses and turn the eliminator to blow on my glasses and not the goggle would that work?

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
Mile High can the eliminator be put in backwards to help clear the glasses? I currently use Scott 87 OTG's with the bottom of the taped off. I do not use the breathbox as it makes my glassess ride to high on the nose and I'm then looking through the bifocal. Last year in Cooke I had some fogging issue on a powery day, but other than that they stayed fairly fog free. My goggles never really fogged it was my glasses. So if I use the fog spray on my glasses and turn the eliminator to blow on my glasses and not the goggle would that work?

Hi Stosh

Are you meaning turning the eliminator upside down in your goggle so the posts face down? That won't work because you won't have access to the on/off switch and securing it to your goggle will be an issue.

Jan

Premium Features