• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 850 clutch cover

S

Sledneck_1987

Dec 9, 2007
what is everyone doing to the 2018 850 clutch covers? removing foam from inside, cutting bottom off ?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I asked the same thing over on Doo Talk. Never got a response. I am going to be running a blow hole by the end of the week so I wasn't sure if the bottom section is needed. With all the grenading belts last year I wonder if it would protect the sled at all.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
Removed all inside foam, cut bottom off. Might hole saw some more holes too. If i didn't need it to hold spare belt id just take it out.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I asked the same thing over on Doo Talk. Never got a response. I am going to be running a blow hole by the end of the week so I wasn't sure if the bottom section is needed. With all the grenading belts last year I wonder if it would protect the sled at all.

I'd cut the bottom off and yank all the felt and foam. It makes removing and installing the cover not such a PITA. I shredded 2 belts with everything removed and cut off on my sled. No damage to anything but it definitely leaves a big hairy mess. After installing blow holes on both my 850's I never blew a belt.

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
thinking of adding a blow hole as well. can someone tell me if this pulls air in or pushes it out? also if there are any issues with snow getting in the hole on deep days?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
It blows air out. It blows pretty hard. You need to roll the sled over with it off to get snow packed in there. It's happened to me but the snow melts so fast and has never gotten in the belt it's a non issue. When you feel how warm the air is coming out of that hole you realize how hot it gets in there.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
It blows air out. It blows pretty hard. You need to roll the sled over with it off to get snow packed in there. It's happened to me but the snow melts so fast and has never gotten in the belt it's a non issue. When you feel how warm the air is coming out of that hole you realize how hot it gets in there.

I don't do a lot of climbing anymore. Mainly screwing around in the powder carving donuts and in the trees where you are into the throttle quite a bit and not moving very fast. Wish I had dropped the dough in the past. Considering a belt is just under $200.00 and the blow hole is $249.99, I think it will pay for itself quickly.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana

I don't do a lot of climbing anymore. Mainly screwing around in the powder carving donuts and in the trees where you are into the throttle quite a bit and not moving very fast. Wish I had dropped the dough in the past. Considering a belt is just under $200.00 and the blow hole is $249.99, I think it will pay for itself quickly.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Remove all the foam from inside clutch area and door, remove clutch cover and take out felt and foam and you will notice a small foam piece on the bottom backside of the cover that faces the left foot well, 1 inch by 2-3 inches, cut around that foam piece and remove that bit it allows for better Evan of the hot air, keep the rest intact it helps evacuate the heat, run sled before spending ur money first,

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Remove all the foam from inside clutch area and door, remove clutch cover and take out felt and foam and you will notice a small foam piece on the bottom backside of the cover that faces the left foot well, 1 inch by 2-3 inches, cut around that foam piece and remove that bit it allows for better Evan of the hot air, keep the rest intact it helps evacuate the heat, run sled before spending ur money first,

Dave - do you have a picture of this mod?

Premium Features