• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Nytro: What are my choices??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lets say that I purchase a brand new
blank.gif
2010 FX Nytro MTX SE 153

10_fxnytromtxse153_blu_1_13a38189.jpg

And lets say that I decide I want to have a turbo charger installed on this that runs in the 6-8lb boost range. Just enough to compensate for altitude loss at 7,500-8,000ft, but not enough to have any real impact on longterm engine durability.

What would be the BEST choices out there??

M
Mar 29, 2008
who wants a 8psi kit? then you will want 10psi then 12 then 15............ might as well just get it over with you can always just use 1/8 to 1/4 throttle and be at 8psi!

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
lets say that i purchase a brand new
blank.gif
2010 fx nytro mtx se 153

and lets say that i decide i want to have a turbo charger installed on this that runs in the 6-8lb boost range. Just enough to compensate for altitude loss at 7,500-8,000ft, but not enough to have any real impact on longterm engine durability.

What would be the best choices out there??

just put an mcx kit on with a head shim. That way if ya want more down the road. Its just a matter of turning up the boost! Look at the new 270 pump gas kit from mcx.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
who wants a 8psi kit? then you will want 10psi then 12 then 15............ might as well just get it over with you can always just use 1/8 to 1/4 throttle and be at 8psi!
I have had the distinct pleasure of building High Performance boats for several years. Along those years we supercharged a good number of them, and worked on even more. I know ALL TOO WELL the realities of engines that LIVE on boost. NOT INTERESTED in driving a grenade that is just waiting to blow.

My goals are rather modest, and I know that any decent turbo can always be adjusted if the need/desire comes along.

But for now, 8psi will be just fine for my needs up at Island Park with the wife and 4 kids...

And anyway, I am just thinking outloud here, still considering my options of sleds.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
LOL
Dont buy Vicodin, just buy Heroin and be done with it!!
Lot's of mod guys have a hard time believing that a rider would only want 180hp
If you are looking at that kind of power go for the MCX kit
Should be gas and go and pretty much never fix, and about half the price of the 240 kit when you add the install time

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK, so several of you say the MCX turbo.

And my question to all of you is WHY MCX?

What makes them "THE" one to go with.

Seems like there is a PILE of competition out there to choose from.

Are none of the others even worth considering??

D
Nov 26, 2007
No, it is not the only choice. Its a fairly poor choice IMO. Look at some other threads on here, you will find what you are looking for

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Simple answer maybe is, they have been around the longest, their kit's works and new for this season is their 180hp kit, sound as it suites your needs better then others kit's.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Lets say that I purchase a brand new
blank.gif
2010 FX Nytro MTX SE 153

And lets say that I decide I want to have a turbo charger installed on this that runs in the 6-8lb boost range. Just enough to compensate for altitude loss at 7,500-8,000ft, but not enough to have any real impact on longterm engine durability.

What would be the BEST choices out there??

MCX, 10 #'s boost, pump gas and ride. I wouldn't limit myself to the 180 hp kit, build it right the first time, can always turn the boost down. Most always want more.

Last edited:
P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
if youre worried about blowing up motors dont be ! Ive ran my impulse nytro on 17 pounds for around 4500 km now . I havent had a single motor issue , and i plan on putting on another 4000 km this winter . Any thing under 12 pounds isnt worth worth the time or money to me . I ve been there . Impluse makes a very nice pump gas kit this year as well that has more bang for youre buck then the mcx does IMO :beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No, it is not the only choice. Its a fairly poor choice IMO. Look at some other threads on here, you will find what you are looking for
Care to offer any SPECIFIC comments as to why "YOU" think that the MCX is a poor choice??

Or to point out any specific thread you think I should be reading up on this subject?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
MCX, 10 #'s boost, pump gas and ride. I wouldn't limit myself to the 180 hp kit, build it right the first time, can always turn the boost down. Most always want more.
And it may well be that down the road I might want more as well. But my past experience has suggested that often time More = Less.

Less time to go riding
Less money left in my wallet
Less fun when they grenade

The #1 reason I am considering the yamaha in the first place is reliability. My time is precious and scarce, and I do NOT want to have a sled that is prone to being down.

When I ditch work for a day to hookup and go play, I need to know my sled is not going to let me down.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
if youre worried about blowing up motors dont be ! Ive ran my impulse nytro on 17 pounds for around 4500 km now . I havent had a single motor issue , and i plan on putting on another 4000 km this winter . Any thing under 12 pounds isnt worth worth the time or money to me . I ve been there . Impluse makes a very nice pump gas kit this year as well that has more bang for youre buck then the mcx does IMO :beer;
Thats very nice to know.

17lbs of boost is significant for a stock motor that was NOT reworked to run forced induction!

2,796 miles of trouble free use.
Not bad at all.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
ok, so several of you say the mcx turbo.

And my question to all of you is why mcx?

what makes them "the" one to go with.

Seems like there is a pile of competition out there to choose from.

are none of the others even worth considering??

mcx are fairly problem free. They also have better fuel system management. If you want full out race, id probably say alpine or impulse. But you want an turn key pump gas turbo. Cant beat mcx. And i run a alpine on my 08 vector. 15lbs all day every day.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
mcx are fairly problem free. They also have better fuel system management. If you want full out race, id probably say alpine or impulse. But you want an turn key pump gas turbo. Cant beat mcx. And i run a alpine on my 08 vector. 15lbs all day every day.
Not interested in racing or trying to get up the steepest chute on the mountain.

With a wife and 4 kids, I just got a good solid FUN reliable sled that will let me go up into the mountains and have a good time. Something that is capable of a little bit of "Everything".

Make no mistake about it, I really enjoy riding the Ski-Doo Summits that I have rented over the past couple years, but I am SERIOUSLY concerned about service/maintenance issues on them... so I am looking at the Yamaha as a viable alternative.

It would be great if the Yami could compete on the weight issues with the Doo, but the reliability is probably more imortant to me than the extra pounds that I can just as easily take off of my own waist line.:)

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
MCX for me...3000kms of 12lbs of boost and very little trouble....never been towed....never missed a minute of deep pow because it wouldnt run....just tank after tank of 91 octane and regular maintenace and I would do it all over again. MCX still by far has the most kits on the snow and have been doing it the Longest!!!!! If you read all the MXC threads and set it up properly from the start it will be a trouble free ride for years of fun by yourself or with your family.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Is this the kit some of you are suggesting?
http://www.mcx.se/product.asp?ID=160

This is the ONLY one I see on their site, and it seems a bit "beafier" than what most are talking about??

Are there any known differences in the engine from 2009 to 2010???

<basefont face="Verdana" size="2"> <table width="627" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="595" align="left" valign="top"><table width="336" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="4"><tbody><tr><td width="400" nowrap="nowrap"> <input value="Back" onclick="history.go(-1)" type="button"> Turbokit for: Yamaha Nytro Std-kit
<table width="556" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4" width="550"> Disclaimer: All turbokit is for race use only! specified in terms & conditions </td></tr><tr> <td width="154"> </td><td width="18">
</td><td width="154"> </td><td width="206"> Click on pictures
for more pic.
</td></tr></tbody></table> <form action="addToCart.asp" method="post" id="form1" name="form1"> <input name="intProdID" value="160" type="hidden"> <table width="555" border="1" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Facts </td> <td align="left" valign="middle">
</td><td width="401" align="center" valign="middle">Description</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Make: </td> <td align="left" valign="middle">Yamaha </td><td rowspan="8" width="401" align="center" valign="middle"> The best kit ever built!
Yamaha has released its latest creation Nytro and of course is MCX developing a turbo kit!
The dyno test show 240 horsepower.
After one season, we can certify that both the snowmobile and the turbo kit works excellent. We have sold several hundred of turbo kits with extreme reliability.
Until the season 08-09, not much has been changed. A new blow off valve is installed on the plenum and the location of the EFI-box is changed. Even the price is the same as last year (Counted in Swedish kronor sek.)
The engine perform excellent! And show that with turbo we can produce more power than the standard engine at low 5000 rpm.

The location of the turbo is exactly right for most performance and throttle response,
we also have enough space to use a snow cooled precooler that gives even more power and ensure that we can use more boost for high performance.
We can now offer an upgrade kit to 270 hp that includes a new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator +some more parts. The EFI box also needs to be re-mapped.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Model: </td> <td align="left" valign="middle">Nytro </td></tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Type: </td> <td align="left" valign="middle">Std-kit </td></tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Year: </td> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">2008- 2009 </td></tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Original hp:* </td> <td align="left" valign="middle">130 </td></tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Turbo Dyno hp: </td> <td align="left" valign="middle">240 </td></tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">PDF file: </td> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle"> yha-Nyt-08-info.pdf </td></tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Petrol quality: </td> <td align="left" valign="middle">98 okt (Europe) Premium only (USA, Can) </td></tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Price: </td> <td align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">39,900 Sek</td><td width="401" align="center" valign="middle">Price is only valid for the european market.</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">
</td> <td align="left" valign="middle">
$
</td><td width="401" align="center" valign="middle">Outside Europe, Check reseller for local price.</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="108" align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">
</td> <td align="left" valign="middle">
</td><td width="401" align="center" valign="middle">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </form> <input value="Back" onclick="history.go(-1)" type="button">
</td> </tr> <tr><td width="400" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr color="#cccccc" noshade="noshade" size="1"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="3" valign="BOTTOM"> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Created of Joel, ©2001-2007 [/FONT]
</td> <td colspan="3" align="left" valign="TOP">

ytro Kit <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>
yha-nyt-08-b6.jpg
</td><td>The best kit ever built!
Yamaha has released its latest creation Nytro and of course is MCX developing a turbokit!
The dyno test show
230+ horsepower and this at summer temperatures (25C),
The engine perform exelent! and show that with turbo we can produce more power than standard engine at low 5200 rpm.
The placement of the turbo is exactly right for most performance and throttle responce, we also have enough space to use a snowcooled precooler that gives even more power and ensure that we can use more boost for high performance.
</td> </tr></tbody></table> <form action="addToCart.asp" method="post" id="form1" name="form1"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center"> <input name="intProdID" value="54" type="hidden"> Add <input size="3" name="intQuant" value="1" onchange="HandleError(this)" type="text"> to my order. <input value="Add to Cart" id="submit1" name="submit1" type="submit">

</td> <td align="center" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle">Price: Sek 38,000.00</td></tr></tbody></table></form>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
<table><tbody><tr><td>
Trail_tank13.JPG
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Bigger fuel tank for Nytro </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="600">A new bigger fuel tank for the Nytro is developed and will be for sale soon! apox 10.5 gallon (40liter) Price is not set at present time, the fuel tank will fit with or without MCX turbo kits and will be in black or transparent.</td></tr></tbody></table>
===

<table><tbody><tr><td>
revy-nick.jpg
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>The new Nytro kit is rocking! </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="600">The serial produced kits for the Nytro platform is running better than expected, 245hp is delivered at 13 psi (0,9bar) and 260hp at 15psi (1,0 bar). The first kits is running in USA, Canada, Norway and Sweden and we get positive response from the riders, the performance is awesome! </td></tr></tbody></table>
===

<table><tbody><tr><td>
IMG_0228-600.jpg
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Nytro Turbokit is Shipping </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="600">We are now shipping the Nytro turbokits, keep in mind that there are limited amount so place your order today to be sure having your kit when the snow arrives!! /McXpress Team</td></tr></tbody></table>

Premium Features