• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Few Stock 3” Track Questions

H
Feb 16, 2009
I recently purchased a 2016 163 3”. I didn’t want a 3” but the deal was too good to pass. So here’s my questions.... I live in Oregon and most generally have to ride some trail to get to the good riding areas. How much am I gonna have to worry about over heating with scratchers down? Normally I would run 125 to 130 with scratchers on my old 155. Second question..... if I wanted to go to the 2.6” Track would I have to switch drivers?

I'm sure you know this but it's all about trail conditions ? Or even we ride groomed trais up till we get to the good stuff.
The freshly groomed trails down low where the snow was wet or even
Rained on and froze hard over night .. Not leaving one grain of loose snow
And scratchers can't penatrate the hard concrete . This is why there are so many different opinions .. As well .. some days all our sleds are getting hot

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I'm sure you know this but it's all about trail conditions ? Or even we ride groomed trais up till we get to the good stuff.
The freshly groomed trails down low where the snow was wet or even
Rained on and froze hard over night .. Not leaving one grain of loose snow
And scratchers can't penatrate the hard concrete . This is why there are so many different opinions .. As well .. some days all our sleds are getting hot

Exactly...and different areas have different conditions.

Goat trails in the deep trees or conditions as you describe and almost anything is going to heat up.

Steady throttle will heat up very fast versus quick, hard throttle chopping in these conditions.

acsnopro

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2008
SW Colorado
Yep.

I cut my track center lugs thinner.

They have a permanent set to them now after half a season.

ba881976e1bd8ccca3cf80010632017d.jpg

Sheetmetalfab do you have any pictures looking from the back? How much meat did you take out of each lug?

Premium Features