• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Green rock

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Going to stay in Centennial this year and ride out of Green Rock. Any tips or tricks to getting there, parking and riding from there?

We have always stayed in Albany and rode from there. We have no experience from Green Rock. But we are tired of the cold trail ride up to the goods.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Basically from Cenntenial you will have to trailer up. Best estimate is its a 10 minute drive up from there. You will be parking on the side of the street, If you get there early you will be up front. Depending on wind and snow by the time its 10am you could have a 100+ trucks parked there. from there it is still a solid 10+ sled ride to the goods. The trail which is the road can get wind blown easy meaning a fair amount of asphalt to deal with or lots of terrible whooped out side trail off the road. Still better than dealing with using all your fuel coming up from Albany imo

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
You will can be off the trail into good powder right away. I try and go North and there are alot of ways you can meander back West and have a great ride with very little trails. I am not sure how adverturous of a rider you are but if you are comfortable forging your own way I like to get North and make my West until around "Jeff's Lake" then drop that drainage West. Fun ride.

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
So from the advice and looking on Google earth you park along the highway and you can turn around at Green Rock to head back down correct?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
So from the advice and looking on Google earth you park along the highway and you can turn around at Green Rock to head back down correct?

Pretty much. Looking at Google earth, you see the turn around loop Just before the Green Rock picnic area.
You will also notice that from the turn around down to the cattle guard crossing (about a 1/4 mile) the road is double wide. People like to double park there and block in other trucks.... So use caution parking there. About another 1/2 mile down the mountain is a second lot, you can park there too. Other then that, its just parking along the road. If your riding up there on fri/sat/sun you better be up there by 8:00 am if you dont want to park 2 miles down the road. It gets very busy up there anymore and the path you have to ride along the edge of the road gets BEAT to death.

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Thanks for the replies, it really helps us out. We will be riding Monday-Friday approx. 10am so hopefully the parking isn't to bad.

Premium Features