• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I buy Fox Shocks for my XM t3 163

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
Thinking about buying new shocks for my sled. However, when do you just throw in the towel and move on to another machine. I re valved my shocks this year ($400) and was good for a while. Put on 700 miles this year, now I'm up to 2600 miles on the sled. Gonna need new skis, a track, and even side panels soon. Why is this sport so addictive and expensive. I want these shocks, but just wonder if it's worth it to just buy a new sled every two years, and not do so many mods. Help.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Have you tried a new G4 850, 165? You might want to and see if you would rather have the new sled versus keeping your current one.

M
Dec 27, 2010
Washington
I finally broke down last year and bought shocks all the way around on my 14 163. Spent the money and did Float RC2's all the way around. Best money I've spent. If you like being able to fine tune your suspension alongside the trail they're well worth it. They probably do take a little more work than a set of coils but I like being able to adjust my suspension whenever or wherever.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
One thing that really lacks on the summits compared to other brands is the shocks IMO. One advantage is if you upgrade them they will fit the G4 when you buy a new sled. Just get them re-valved for the new chassis if you feel it's necessary. As far as modding less and moving into newer sleds more often that's the approach I'm taking. Instead of spending $2k on upgrades spend $2k and get into a newer sled every season.

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
I’d spend the money on a new sled and upgrade every year. I bought a set of raptor shocks last year and i just put them on my new sled each year. Once they come up with a new front end I just send them back and get them adjusted to fit the new one

Premium Features