• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just posting for information, but we HAVE 280 Conquer tracks in the 3.5 pitch 154 and the 165 available now!! 153 and 156 in the 3.0 pitch are here as well. Avid drivers on the shelf. PM if you have questions.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
OK

driver diameter will not change "loss of hp" if anything the bigger wheel will help/better since the track isnt bent as much (just like bigger rear wheels)...

6/3.5 is the same as 7/3 so diameter is not diff...

the track is driven off the wide lugs, the anti ratchet is just that, as needed if the track packs with snow/too loose (very bad)...

loose is bad (track ballons and rubs the tunnel = brakes)...biggest driver possible/tight/4 idlers/slippery type hyfax/fully clipped/bigger rear idlers is by far the best combo...BJ

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
will have weights of both this afternoon as were swapping 174 stock t3 to the new conquer 174 3 pitch

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
OK

driver diameter will not change "loss of hp" if anything the bigger wheel will help/better since the track isnt bent as much (just like bigger rear wheels)...

6/3.5 is the same as 7/3 so diameter is not diff...

the track is driven off the wide lugs, the anti ratchet is just that, as needed if the track packs with snow/too loose (very bad)...

loose is bad (track ballons and rubs the tunnel = brakes)...biggest driver possible/tight/4 idlers/slippery type hyfax/fully clipped/bigger rear idlers is by far the best combo...BJ

That's always the way I've figured it.
The closer the track can be to an actual circle, the easier it is to turn.
More oval=less efficient.

Back in the day with the 2.52 pitch drivers, we would go with 10t drivers, 8" wheels (actually I was the first person on SW to have 10" wheels) and gear down the chaincase.

Nobody else made the 10" rear idlers at the time. I spent 6 months researching and trying to get some made.
I don't think anyone made 10" wheels before I had SuperBeast and Pengilly make them for me. I may have been the very first person to have 10" rear idlers.
Some people ran them, but they didn't really catch on. They required too much tunnel kick-up so they wouldn't rub on big hits. And the "big wheel" movement died out when the OEMs stopped making rear kicked up tunnels.

Last edited:

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Ya I meant a t-3 163 track and conquer 162

sorry misread your post. Looked back in the thread and 49# for the 174 is correct as I just weighed it. This track looks great but I dont know how well it will work for a turbo track as the lugs are super soft in my opinion. We will be keeping our stock T3 tracks just in case.

C
Feb 3, 2016
Alaska
A few pics of the conquerer 280 156" 3 pitch installed. The horizontal ribs on the front of the paddle are interesting.

What all did you have to do? Looking to do the same on my 2014 XM. The Conquer is 1 inch narrower, and id probably go with the 3.5 inch pitch. New drivers and thats it?

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
So does anyone have experience with these tracks on an XM out on the snow? I've got a delaminating track on my 163 T3. Trying to decide to replace it with the stock track or got with the Conquer 280.

Thanks,
Eric

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
So does anyone have experience with these tracks on an XM out on the snow? I've got a delaminating track on my 163 T3. Trying to decide to replace it with the stock track or got with the Conquer 280.

Thanks,
Eric

I Have a t-3 163 with a conquer track on it, so far seems good doesn't seem worse than the 3", it's as good or better. Haven't tried it in all conditions yet and I'm having shock issues on my sled right now but I'm liking it so far

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
I Have a t-3 163 with a conquer track on it, so far seems good doesn't seem worse than the 3", it's as good or better. Haven't tried it in all conditions yet and I'm having shock issues on my sled right now but I'm liking it so far

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered a conquer 280 last Friday. Makes me feel better about my decision!

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
conquer track

I have one on my 2015 x 163 and it works as good as the 3" and is lighter.Rode in the powder 2 ft. deep kept right on going.

Premium Features