• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King Cat in a Short Box?

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
I'm driving from SLC to the middle of Nevada tomorrow morning to pick up a mint condition 04' King Cat (162 of course) and am wondering if I can save a few bucks by not pulling a trailer.

I drive a 1994 Chevy K1500 (6.5 Detroit TD) with a short box. I got the specs from Cat's sight and it seems it will fit, but hang out about 33 inches. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks again fellas

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
Thanks for the quick response Dan. I better go pull the topper off.

I'm thinking that the back of the truck will keep it out of the elements a little better anyhow since my aluminum 2-place doesn't have a shield yet.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
King cat in a pick up

I bought an 05 king cat in billings mt.we slid into the bed of the pick up and drove home to eugene oregon without a thought. Tie the front of the sled down and forward. Take some gear along to stop and ride the beast on the way home.
have a safe trip

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
To suck it up closer to the cab, pull the skis off.

Here's a 153 M8; looks like the toolbox may be keeping it from going ahead further....

58890.jpg

Last edited:
J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
That's how we've always done it. Not even a second thought...
Here's a pic of my Sno Pro in my truck the day I picked it up. Doing this saves your tailgate from rock chips. I just run a strap over the rear arm, and down to the stake pockets in the box. Been doing it this way for 8 years now, and no issues.

And, yes, you'll be absolutely fine putting it in with the tail gate down, too. We do that lots as well. Just run a strap the same way behind the rear arm. If my buddy can haul a 136 in his Avalanche, i'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!

n724730642_1767530_9921.jpg

Premium Features