• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feed back on running boards

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Has anyone put aftermarket ones on? If so what brand and do they work well?

Here are 2 I'm considering:

https://skinzprotectivegearusa.com/product/chris-burandt-short-lightweight-protube-running-boards/

Scroll down with skinz website as need to order traction cleats separate.

And

https://www.jmpowderboards.com/

I see BM Fab has some but you have to remove the foot hold and I use the foot hold.

Using the foot hold will eventually lead to you getting hurt. What scenario do you use it in? Bm boards are by far the best quality on the market.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Using the foot hold will eventually lead to you getting hurt. What scenario do you use it in? Bm boards are by far the best quality on the market.

Open meadows - holding on doing a tight turn / continuous circle.

I glanced at install of bm boards - 2 links posted install is much easier, only need to remove rivets. Ease of install, at least for me, is a determining factor.

Last edited:
B&M is the way to go. Easy install for the most part, you do have to cut that awful toe hold off. I went B&M for a couple reasons, the biggest being to get rid of that toe hold. Have seen way too many blown out knees/ankles cause of it, and lots of close calls. Almost every Axys in my group is getting B&M boards to get rid of the toe hold (you don't need it on an Axys chassis).

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
B&M for sure- but don't be mislead.. you don't get rid of the toe hold completly-
Yes the stock toe hold is cutoff- but the B&M boards relocated the toe hold UP- -so you still have the comfort of the toe-hold.. it's just not going to cause you grief like the stock one- now that it is located higer and incorporated into the B&M Board.

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I also went the B&M route this year due to the toe hold being my main concern. I had a couple close calls with my toes getting stuck in the hold and twisting my ankle. The B&M products are great quality and you cant go wrong. When I was looking at aftermarket running boards the only way I could justify the switch was to B&M because I couldn’t see the big benefit going a different route because I never had a issue with the stock running boards building up snow after I powdercoated them.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
sorry to hijack, but since we are on the subject...

what are the general thoughts about hacking the toe hold off?
any major structural concerns with doing that?
I did it to my Pro-ride, but then had them rewelded higher up.
I know B&M was working on a loop relocation for the Axys, but I think it was shelved.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
sorry to hijack, but since we are on the subject...

what are the general thoughts about hacking the toe hold off?
any major structural concerns with doing that?
I did it to my Pro-ride, but then had them rewelded higher up.
I know B&M was working on a loop relocation for the Axys, but I think it was shelved.

Kyle— I’m a BM Fab dealer if you decide to go that route. Their bumpers are bomber.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Kyle— I’m a BM Fab dealer if you decide to go that route. Their bumpers are bomber.

Thanks Murph,
I have both front and rear B&M bumpers already, yes they are bomber :face-icon-small-coo

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Yup, like others have posted, went with B&M boards because of the stock toe hold, had an incident where foot got caught, and wrenched my knee. Luckily nothing serious, more of a "oh ya, I see what others have been talking about" kind of thing. So installed mine a few weeks back, just waiting for snow !

8C802AB9-957E-4D14-8861-F7B6C6A51765.jpg 6227ACE0-5BA1-4B84-BC40-0E290A5E54B1.jpg IMG_1661.jpg

Premium Features