• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017/18 Snowy Range snow conditions

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
If you have been up in this area and have information if its good or bad be sure and post. The more posts will reflect more accurate information. Good news is it looks like it is starting out great!

*Please keep updates in these threads since they will be a sticky..and we wont have a bunch of scattered updates*

***Post Pics helps alot!****

Here is a link to the Wyoming webcam page for all who dont already have it.
http://dayweather.com/keystone/weathertext.html

Last edited:

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Was up today by the Wyoming Wilderness sign right off 130. Snow was defiantly melting fast but did find some deep spots in the shade, both measurements were down to dirt.

IMG_7330.jpg IMG_7331.JPG.jpg

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
Do you want to stay on the east side or the west side? Do you want night life or not?
If you stay on the east side I suggest Centenial and trailer to green rock parking lot maybe 8 miles or so. The old corral has hotel rooms that are clean and nice or several houses on VRBO. If you don’t want to trailer on the east side stay at Albany Lodge but the trail ride is long to get to the best snow unless it’s a great snow year or later in the season.
We usually stay on the west side in either Saratoga or Ryan Park.
In Saratoga there are hot springs and multiple restaurants and watering holes. Saratoga Resort and spa is upscale, or the Hacienda hotel is clean and economical. If you want to ride from the door you want to go to Ryan Park. We have stayed at 10 mile inn (Cabins and Hotel rooms with a community kitchen and grill in the lodge) or Rondevous lodge ( Hotel rooms and full service restaurant) the snow tends to be better on this side. As for where to ride I would start out by the queeley warming hut and explore from there.
If you need to know anything else I will help if I can.
Meadow Muffin

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
Cody, get a hold of the local club in Laramie,they have a website and F.B. page.Good people always willing to help with questions Snowy Range Snowmobile Club:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
Where does a person stay? Where does a guy go to start riding? Any help appreciated. Thanks Cody 701-400-7067

I’ve stayed at the old corral in centennial. Rooms are clean and cheap. And generally it’s quiet at night. I’d recommend it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
11-7-17. Would have been nice to get off trail, cause there was just enough to tip toe around in a few grassy meadows I know about. Good start to the base though. Probably 2ft of fresh out of this last storm.

picture.php

Last edited:
V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
11-7-17. Would have been nice to get off trail, cause there was just enough to tip toe around in a few grassy meadows I know about. Good start to the base though. Probably 2ft of fresh out of this last storm.

picture.php

I knew I should have taken my sled with me when I was out there Tueday.. :frusty:

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Was this up by sand lake?

Some cool old log cabins which become mostly covered in snow jan-april, a hillclimb area just south of there, a ****house just north of there, some good exploring, few people. Just try not to be up there in a whiteout unless you are comfy with your nav skills. :face-icon-small-ton

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Wondering how conditions are? Me and a couple buddies are heading out tomorrow from Iowa and are riding Friday and Saturday. Any info on the snow conditions would be great.

We are also willing to ride with anyone that wants to group up.

C
Oct 22, 2013
western nebraska
read on facebook that guys aren't following the 12" off trail riding rule. forest service is not happy and will be up there this weekend issuing tickets for guys not following the rule. please follow the rules so this riding area doesn't get shut down as well

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
read on facebook that guys aren't following the 12" off trail riding rule. forest service is not happy and will be up there this weekend issuing tickets for guys not following the rule. please follow the rules so this riding area doesn't get shut down as well

"Off Trail Riding Rule" ?? I'm not aware of this. Something like there must be at least 12" of snow on the ground in order to legally ride off trail ? Granted, I'm not often there before there are a few feet of snow, but still wanting to be informed.

Thank you !

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
"Off Trail Riding Rule" ?? I'm not aware of this. Something like there must be at least 12" of snow on the ground in order to legally ride off trail ? Granted, I'm not often there before there are a few feet of snow, but still wanting to be informed.

Thank you !

When riding in the Medicine Bow Nat’l Forest (includes Snowies), there must be a minimum of 12” in the area you are off trail. This includes Libby Flats.

https://www.snowest.com/2013/11/winter-travel-regulations-established-on

Last edited:

recreationist

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Laramie, WY
Snow Depth Rule for the Snowy Range

Hi All, Please remember the 12" snow depth rule when venturing off trail in the Snowy Range. I know we are all excited to ride but we do not need to give the Forest Service more reasons to shorten or further regulate our season.

Thank you, on behalf of the Snowy Range Snowmobile Club.

12 Snow Rule SR.jpg

Premium Features