• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keeping PIDD powered up

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Please note the cautions noted on the lithium battery in the post above. Do not charge without a charger that doesn't have an automatic shutoff. Or charge above 14.9 volts. And also it says to remove the battery during charging. So how are these cautions midigated by using the sleds charging system?

Cinno

Putting this comment at the bottom because I do not believe I saw a response and I feel it needs to be addressed.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Putting this comment at the bottom because I do not believe I saw a response and I feel it needs to be addressed.

I don't know how the Sleds charging system will affect this battery. I see others using the LI Ion batteries for this application and also some are using them on E-start models as well. Do not buy this battery if your not sure. I am testing it this season. We have standard AGM batteries available that are made for this application. I am willing to test due to the weight savings and the fact that all I need is PIDD power.

I did buy a LI specific charger has an automatic shut-off and will be used to charge the battery when I disconnect from sled.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Just wanna chime in and see how this has been working. Looking at doing this myself. Is the new small LI battery holding up to that sled charging system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just wanna chime in and see how this has been working. Looking at doing this myself. Is the new small LI battery holding up to that sled charging system?

So far we have 3 of them running around just with the guys I ride with. None of us have electric start. All of us keep our PIDD powered up after shutting sled down for a break. Only turn them off when we are done riding for the day. Never a battery issue with the smallest WPS firepower LI battery that I sell.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
So I understand now that the PIDD can be powered up by a Polaris Power Up kit and battery of your choice.

What I am trying to figure out, if adding power to one of these plugs just above the clutch on left side, would you be able to power up the PIDD in your garage to update maps? 1 of the plugs says "Gauge PWR Test". Would connecting 12v to that plug power up the PIDD?

20141127_214939 (Medium).jpg

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
I’ve had the trail tech battery for two full seasons now. Zero issues for charging (non es sled w es harness) and mounted mine to the steering post junction upside down. Out of sight.
Charge it up before the season starts. And runs flawless. Always kept on during breaks.

PROJack66

Premium Member
Feb 9, 2012
Watertown SD
Farm Kid Engineering for turbo axys

Ordered Polaris battery kit from Go Big Parts and the lightweight lithium battery. Cut apart the battery box and molded to fit small battery. Mounted in space available beside oil reservoir on clutch cover. Looks and functions great. Someone needs to manufacture a small box like this for the lightweight battery. Fits great where I put it and the wire harness is plug and play.

856938A5-3EA1-41E0-AC18-15CD2A03DC80.jpg 4C0503D3-D547-4DBF-A6A5-9CD567733D28.jpg 89996155-3B79-4BDE-BCE1-F665E62AB2F8.jpg BE6B83C3-05AC-4666-AE83-8E897C5243AE.jpg B4CDBE5F-AA71-49C4-9D27-2A2866CF2A46.jpg 1BFFFAC0-DE40-4565-927F-88C9D3DC29C9.jpg

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
This link doesnt work anymore..says not allowed access . ..??

Powerup Kit: https://www.gobigparts.com/polaris-axys-power-up-kit.html

polarispiddpowerup01.jpg

If anyone is interested in a feather light battery see related items under this item.

ccat

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2009
Farm Kid Engineering for turbo axys

Ordered Polaris battery kit from Go Big Parts and the lightweight lithium battery. Cut apart the battery box and molded to fit small battery. Mounted in space available beside oil reservoir on clutch cover. Looks and functions great. Someone needs to manufacture a small box like this for the lightweight battery. Fits great where I put it and the wire harness is plug and play.

Hi there Pro. You have enough room with the ECU plugged in? You dont have a stock air box, correct? Think this would work on a stock Axys?

Premium Features