• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RotoPax and Camso DTS 129=perfect marriage!(pics)

B
Thanks to y'all's who had already mounted the RotoPax to their Camso DTS 129, I went the same route after realizing that using 2 ratchet straps along with a stretch-net to keep stuff onto the tunnel was just not going to work out long-term or any term.

Thankfully, it was as if Camso designed the width of the tunnel cover to fit the 1 gallon can perfectly as it does indeed, fit the space perfectly. I got the 1 gallon gas tank and the DLX mount, then realized that the 2 gallon black storage pack along with the extension will work stacked together with just enough room to open the storage pack to get stuff in and out, really just a jump pack, pair of gloves, maybe a small bottle of water sometime, and an ACR ResQLink PLB so far as my license plate won't allow me to fully open the top but no biggie as I'm not in and out of the case much anyway.

The good part is that as the 2 gallon storage pack is wider than the tunnel, the fuel pack is just tall enough so that the storage pack will clear the rails of the tunnel cover as you can see in the pic(s).

We are in the middle of a NorEaster/Blizzard right now so everyone is home from work or school.

With it all installed and double-checking the mounting bolts, for now, my bike is complete and just needs to be ridden.

P1130304.jpg P1130305.jpg P1130306.jpg P1130307.jpg

M
Jan 14, 2004
The fit looks good but for me anyways 1 gallon wouldn't get me very far. I've burned almost all of my 4 spare gallons on the back these last few days plus the full tank in the bike from the start of the day. I couldn't find a 15L/3 gallon can so I went with the 20L/4 gallon and I'm glad I did. Better too much than not enough.

M5

B
The fit looks good but for me anyways 1 gallon wouldn't get me very far. I've burned almost all of my 4 spare gallons on the back these last few days plus the full tank in the bike from the start of the day. I couldn't find a 15L/3 gallon can so I went with the 20L/4 gallon and I'm glad I did. Better too much than not enough.

M5

At least for now and where I'm riding, we're not far from home or civilization but I agree, my estimate is that I'm getting about 15 mpg and my tank is only 2 gallons. Normally, on dirt, I'm getting about 40 mpg so the consumption on snow is cut by more than 50%.

I may be getting another gallon tank, or even maybe the 2 gallon tank which looks to be the same size as that black storage box for longer trips and leaving the storage box in the trailer if I know I might be going out-out.

Last edited:
B
It was too cold to ride this past weekend, imagine?

I'm leaving tongiht to go and ride tomorrow though=excited. Might be the last powder riding for a while as it is going to warm up after tomorrow and rain later in the week up in my neck of the woods. Have to ride while the riding is good.

M
Jan 14, 2004
It does but you don't have to fill to the brim everyday, but I usually do because some idiot will run out of gas because he didn't pack any. I've used the whole fiver before plus my tank in my own bike, just depends on how big of a day it is. The 20l fits perfect and empty probably doesn't weigh a whole lot more than the 1 gallon. In deep snow the bikes tank goes between 60 and 90 minutes, that's it, the YZ tank is like 1.6 USG. If you are riding a Camso you cant get to worried about weight it is the reining heavy weight out there so what's a little more.

M5

B
I just filled up the 1 gallon RotoPax fuel jug with 91 non-ethanol last night.

As our excursions are mostly right around 20 miles, roundtrip, I have not needed to fuel up at any point during any ride, yet.

Fuel pack on the bottom, the black case on top with a PLB, spare pair of gloves, some snacks, heat packs, Snobunje tow strap and the Weego JS12 jump pack.

Premium Features