• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running boards

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Looking at doing the running boards on my 12 pro rmk, the question is witch one's?

Looking at Polaris Burandt boards, B & M boards or Air Frames.
If you have tryed a couple of differant ones or rode a frends sled that has differant boards please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I have a 13 Pro and the stock boards are definitely an upgrade from the 11s and 12s. My buddy has B&Ms on his 11 and those are definitely better than mine. And I am sure the skinz are just as nice or nicer.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I did my 12 last season and imo considering price vs improvement... Burandt boards are the way to go. Gigantic improvement in strength and lessening the snow build up while costing significantly less $.

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i have to agree the Burandt boards i put on my 11 really made a huge differnce (can't believe it took all season to get around to putting them on :face-icon-small-dis)
that being said my buddy did Airframes on his xp and they are sweet !

so it seems to me:
Burandt boards best for the $

Airframe best board if you have the $
both have very little snow build up that impede foot traction
airframes hold less snow
good luck both are great you won't be disappointed

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've ridden with the Burandt boards, B&M and a set of Skinz, all are great products but considering price and performance the Burandt boards are hard to beat. Plus there easy to install.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Airframes are the best all out if you have the coin.

FOr the price the burandt boards are awesome and really as good as you need. Had zero snow build up on mine. I would do the cheap route and save the extra for somewhere else on the sled.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
X2...or however many have said it. Had airframes on my '11, stock on my '13. The new ones from poo are good, and I mean good enough that its not worth the coin to upgrade them. If you have the money you absolutely can't beat the skinz boards, but dollar for dollar the burandt boards are a good deal.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Buy the polaris boards
1. Bargin
2. Wont loose your butt when selling the sled on a stock polaris part
3. Ease of replacement at dealers across the country
4. They work

Not saying the other 2 are out of the question, I loved my air frames and B&Ms are just as good.

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
Any one know if the Burandt boards fit a 2013 switchback assault 144 ? The switch boards hold Way to much snow even for trail rider, never mind breaking trail .

P
Jun 29, 2008
Freeborn, MN
I run the B&M Boards and absolutely love them. Although the 13 boards are probably the best stock boards on the market, they did hold more snow compared to my B&Ms. Plus B&M boards are made in Minnesota so I liked the idea of supporting a local company for me.

Chad

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I put 2013 Polaris stock running boards that I bought from Mark's RMK on my 2011 Pro 163" Perfect fit and are much better than the 2011-2012 running boards. But that sleds gone. Have to make room for the 2014. There will be stock 2014 running boards coming up for sale here on Snowest as soon as the 2014's start showing up. :light:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Another thing, having black alone, no matter the board should help a ton with snow removal vs. bare aluminum

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks for everyone's opionion's on the running boards!

I think I will be going with the Polaris boards.

I now have the engine out and going through it so if you have anything to suggest about that I am all ears. I will be starting a new thread about the engine room mods.

Thanks again!

Premium Features