• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tps question

M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
Hey crew good day...question. So it "appears" ive been experiencing the characteristics of a tps problem. High idle, reverse not working, a backfire here and there. (i thought i was getting 12 flashes on my check engine light but it appears it doesnt go that high so actually i may just be getting a lot of "1's" which is tps" )
So i figure wth i"ll just take out the whole throttle body clean it, resynchronize the butterfly's, and reset the tps. Everything seems to go great..put 'er back together and the same dang thing. now im going to to go back out and dink with 'er a bit more tonight and see if i missed something but finally here is the question.
If the TPS is bad....will it "set" or even "move" the numbers on the multimeter to allow it be set or in other words is there another way to to test a tps to see if it is functional.
Obviously if anyone had any other input i would greatly appreciate it! I like workin on the sled and alll but im burnin serious peak ride time here so its off to the dealer soon if i cant figure it out...as always thanks.
Ps if that aint enough to agitate a feller.....how about havin yer friend come over to borrow somethin from ya with his soon to be brand new pro on the back of his truck....now im not going to mention any names rmk2112..lol

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
change the TPS harness. The biggest issue is broken wire connections.

M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
Thanks Z ill get one and just replace it. also I was side hillin on some steep and deep last week got and stuck deep once. It was punched in good in a tough direction so my buddy and i control rolled it once to get it out...now that im setting the idle screw with the "tool" I noticed that before i can even start threading it in, it is in the wrong side of the parameters so far, that up at the adjustment by the bars twisting the barrel will help but it has to come so low the lock nut is almost off the bottom. I think i stretched the cable. Does it seem like it would cause some of the issues. If the idle volts are off will it effect engine codes also. I'm also in discussion with FBF on a new cable.

Premium Features