• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

91 Indy 400 DG pipe

X
Jan 1, 2011
ND
Hey guys I just got a full pipe for my 91 Indy 400 and I was wondering if anyone else has this pipe on their 400/500. I called DG for clutching and jetting specs and they had no idea. If you had or have this what was your setup?
If nobody had this pipe I was thinking of going up 2 sizes on main jet and needle clip up 1 and maybe 1 step up on the pilots? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I think Aaen still makes pipes for these engines, you might get some answers from them. If I remember right you have to lighten the primary weights up so you turn more rpms. We used to race those old 400's and found that a pipe didn't do a lot of good without porting.

X
Jan 1, 2011
ND
You think aaen would know about a DG pipe? Really? I guess I could give it a shot. How many grams do you think I should lighten up the weights? I dont really care about performance I just like the sound. I ride the river so I don't want to hear about closing down trails and being around people. I ride on a desolate river where nobody is around for miles.

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
We ran slp pipes and if I recall we ran them at 8800 rpms as opposed to 8000 stock. I think it was 44 gram weights. We ground them and weighed them ourselves. This is all from memory so I could be mistaken. Aeen wont have specs for a DG pipe but may give you some place to start.

Premium Features