• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sierra Madres

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Check out the snotel sites..
The Snowy Range got more snow than the Madres

M
Feb 6, 2008
Rapid City, SD
Madres got a lot of snow now. Snotel is a great place to start tho, when looking to see who's got good snow. Snotel is usually lower than what can be found tho. They got over 5 feet of fresh pow last weekend! My brother was there riding and said it was awesome!!

Last edited:
M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Just returned from a week in encampment.....Its deep!!!! Last Sun. there was 4-5 ft of fresh stuff! Its now set up pretty good, but still plenty of snow if you know where to find it!

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Drove straight through night last night, great roads shortest way possible, it was 16.5 hours! Stops only for diesel.

W

wyoscott

Dec 11, 2007
I would recommend looking through the old posts for WYOGEO on his rental house in Encampment. He is a friend of mine and I have been to his rental and it is comfortable, sleeps six, and enough parking for a couple trailers. I think is six miles up the highway to the parking area where you unload the sleds. The mountain is hard to beat, looks like snotel is showing new snow the last couple days too,and forecasting more. And my sled is broke down!!

Have fun

Premium Features