• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled deck build

Dec 15, 2007
PA
Here are a few pics if anyone is interested and getting some ideas for making there own deck. Materials used were 2x2 .120 wall, 2x2 .065 and a bunch of
1x2 .065, 3x3 c channel and .750 treated plywood.
Ramp is 9'6" long 50" wide this is before ski guides etc.
sleddeck005.jpg

Here you can the c channel this is the main support going front to back and also lets the ramp slide in and out pretty simple.
sleddeck002.jpg

back
sleddeck009.jpg

front
sleddeck011.jpg

done.
sleddeck044.jpg

Oh and sorry I just realized how blurry these pics were. I just used a camera that lays around the shop.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
Looks nice! What would you say yours weighs, when it's all done, and before sleds?

i made mine out of aluminum, and it's pretty light.

i've got some friends bugging me to make them one, and I'm curious how that steel version came out.

Again, looks good!

PE

Dec 15, 2007
PA
Using the materials listed I bet with out the plywood it was under 300lbs. Im only 165lbs and me and a friend loaded it into the truck no problem. I have no clue what guys are doing to make these things 4 and 500lbs. Its waaaaaay overkill. Im going to be doing another one I will try and get better pics. Im also goin ot try and borrow some scales to get a final weight on it. I was going to do alum but did not want to spend the time to tig weld it. How long did it take you to do yours out of aluminum? tig or mig?

Premium Features