• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7-need more low end power

L
Nov 29, 2007
Farmington, Mn
Belt is at least 2 years old. I dont feel any slippage so I keep running it. Just won a 06 F7 10.4 on Ebay so I was thinking of puttng that on with a new 046 belt. How low on the gears if I go that way? 55/65?

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
I did the lower gearing on one and the 10.4 on the other. I highly reccomend the lower gearing.

X2 when i geared my M7 down it was like a whole new sled
BDX light weight gears BTW

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
I have both the BDX Lite 55/65 AND the 10.4 secondary....TONS of low end...Like, a TON!! Do it and don't look back.:cool:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i geared mine to 55/65(still running the stock 10" secondary) that along with a few other little things listed in my sig my sled feels like a whole different animal compared to the stock m7s i ride with. my sled is one of the quicker in my group when it comes to drag racing, which most people would not think an m7 could be good at, and we have all breeds. we do alot of tree riding and the extra oomph on the bottom end is great for on and off the throttle type ridng we do. i wouldn't hesitate to gear it down.

those running the lower gears and the 10.4" clutch how do you like it? i've thought about doing it for the extra belt contact but worry about getting it to low geared.

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
How does gearing it down affect track speed in the powder? Have any of you guys checked. Anyone know if the 10.4 affects track speed in the powder.

I have the 10.4" on mine with stock gearing and I can beat my buddy in a drag race on set up snow and he has a 10", but in the powder he is making 7 more MPH than me. I could really care less about a drag race, I want more track speed in the deep powder.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I did the 55/65 BDX gears, BDX lightweight driveshaft and brake rotor, 10.4" and only got two rides on it before I had to sell (company went bankrupt:face-icon-small-fro) . However it was a gas to ride. Hated the sled before I started tinkering, ended up with a purdy good runner all said and done. However that being said, for the cash outlay, next time would go 800BB kit of some sort, better bang for the buck imho.
G.

Premium Features