• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lower A-Arm Glue Lost its Bond Causing Crash

C
Jan 25, 2010
I was riding a friends sled at Greystokes near Big White, Kelowna and on the trail ride out about 5km from the trucks I was veering a slight right-hand turn at about 30-35MPH when I suddenly found my hip in the handle bar as if I had hit the brakes and I instinctively bailed backwards of the machine just as it shot left and down a steep ditch and into a tree. I was pretty stunned and couldn't believe what happened. Luckily, I managed to stay on the trail (with a wicked headache) and the machine seemed to have taken most of the force directly on the center of the bumper from the tree it hit. Once we got it up on the trail we noticed the two hollow aluminum tubes on the lower A-Arm section that go into the spindle had fallen out and were just hanging there, exposed. Seemingly, they were glued in and the glue had lost its bond. I read another thread on this forum where a rider had the EXACT same thing happen to him. Just wondering how common this, who else has seen this and what the typical response is from Polaris. It's currently at the dealer for inspection/repair. I honestly can't tell you what year/model, 2014 or 2015 I believe, pro-ride 154 or 162, not positive. I can find out and update this thread. Any and all info/help is appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Its a known problem, but havent really heard of any failing for a few years now. Was mainly a 2013 issue, some 14's but usually if they are going to fail, it happens pretty early, Like the first winter the sled is ridden.

My thoughts on "riding a friends sled".... Dont do it! Ive seen it many times over the years. You never think your going to crash/break/blow-up your friends sled but it happens all the time. Nothing good ever comes from it.

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
Mine came apart at about 65mph. 1000 dollars of damage, couple bruised ribs, missed work..broken sled..No warranty...welcome to the club. 15 pro rmk 800

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Theme a few years ago was just a matter of time before someone dies, more than a few 13s were failing with crashes, and then maybe Poo would pay attention. They just changed to solid arms. Another dumb idea to begin with - who needs steering reliability on a sled? I can only imagine what kind of conversations have taken place about them behind the curtain.

Premium Features