• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RX1 VIN question

W
Nov 1, 2011
Is it possible to use the engine serial number to find out what the chassis VIN should be.

I bought a turbo RX1 from a relative. It's got an aftermarket tunnel and no VIN. He has owned it for 5 years and never worried about it but I want to insure it.

thanks

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
Is it possible to use the engine serial number to find out what the chassis VIN should be.

I bought a turbo RX1 from a relative. It's got an aftermarket tunnel and no VIN. He has owned it for 5 years and never worried about it but I want to insure it.

thanks

I don't know if the engine serial # helps or not, but if the sled has been registered in the past then the title will have a VIN# or hull#. That's all your insurance company needs.

A

andy_09

Dec 6, 2007
Great Falls Montana
i need help with this too as washignton doesnt require titles and mine has and aftermarket tunnel therefore no vin or title just bill of sale

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
i need help with this too as washignton doesnt require titles and mine has and aftermarket tunnel therefore no vin or title just bill of sale

Here in the Flathead the DMV will tell you everything you need to get a VIN assigned. Street rodders and bike builders go through it all the time.

Premium Features