• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Nytro dash light indicator meanings?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I have a downloadable owners manual and cannot find it!!! I know there is a red light, the warning light, high beam light, but I don't know what the first 2 mean?

Does the yellow warning light have multiple meanings? If so, what do they mean? Could you direct me to where this is covered in the manual? Thanks

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
not sure if this helps, but on mine, the yellow comes on for warning of low fuel, oil and high temp. at start up the red stays lit till it warms up to temp, but i dont ride it till it idles around 1600 rpm. ive not had any issue codes or lights flash. only the yellow light and then a lil gas pump appears above it warning of low fuel. and pretty sure an oil can for oil, or a gauge for temp. ive heard they flash for hot grips failing too.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
snowmanx

The first light is a multi-warning light. You have to look in the lower right corner of the digital display just above the fuel meter for a little warning indicator that will be flashing to tell you what the warning is about. the error code number will be displayed right above the little warning indicator on the digital display if there is one associated with the warning.

It talks about it on page 10-14 of the owners manual. not the service manual.

The second light is the low coolant temperature warning light. this light will stay on until the coolant temperature has warmed up to running temperature. I was told by the dealer i bought the sled you should not even try to move the sled until this low cooolant temp light goes off.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Has anyone got a printer friendly version of the error codes? Sorry about hijacking your thread Snowmanx

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
snowmanx

The first light is a multi-warning light. You have to look in the lower right corner of the digital display just above the fuel meter for a little warning indicator that will be flashing to tell you what the warning is about. the error code number will be displayed right above the little warning indicator on the digital display if there is one associated with the warning.

It talks about it on page 10-14 of the owners manual. not the service manual.

The second light is the low coolant temperature warning light. this light will stay on until the coolant temperature has warmed up to running temperature. I was told by the dealer i bought the sled you should not even try to move the sled until this low cooolant temp light goes off.

yep, dealer told me the same. also, when you first turn on your key, all the little symbols will light up so you can see what they are n where they are that way. not the error codes though, not sure about those, im looking for a printer friendly version as well.

M
Jan 8, 2012
Hey sorry for interrupting but I have question wondering if anyone can answer my 08 nytro rtx when I start her up the two circle lights on right side of dash don't light up just want to know what those lights indicate and why they could not be working fuse?

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
Hey sorry for interrupting but I have question wondering if anyone can answer my 08 nytro rtx when I start her up the two circle lights on right side of dash don't light up just want to know what those lights indicate and why they could not be working fuse?

on my mtx those are blank, on my dads venture one is the "drive" light and one is the reverse button switch.

Premium Features