• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

will 91 octane work with SLP high compression heads at 2000ft?

I have an '07 summit and the stock compression is 12.15-1 I just bought the SLP performance package for my sled and it's not the highest one, but it is in the range of 3000-6000ft, I am hoping that it will still work at 2000ft (my house) with running 91 octane.
I think the new heads only bump it up 1 compression point (not 100% sure though) to 13.15-1
or do i need to start running a race gas/pump gas mix!? any recommendations? will octane booster do anything?

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
I have an '07 summit and the stock compression is 12.15-1 I just bought the SLP performance package for my sled and it's not the highest one, but it is in the range of 3000-6000ft, I am hoping that it will still work at 2000ft (my house) with running 91 octane.
I think the new heads only bump it up 1 compression point (not 100% sure though) to 13.15-1
or do i need to start running a race gas/pump gas mix!? any recommendations? will octane booster do anything?

Bro-in-law put the SLP perf kit on his '07 with the 3-6000' head & can run it here at home on 92 Shell Gold. (2100"). Totally transformed the sled, along with clutching & 2.3 Powdermax...

G

GONRIDIN

Nope, it will probably detonate on a hard pull unless you run better gas bellow 3000 foot. Of course of you baby it, you might be OK.

What the heck is going on here? I was sold a kit that is supposed to be good for 3000-6000ft.. but when i phoned SLP they said they haven't released that kit yet? he said its not for sale yet, they only have the 6000+ ft kit.. so i wonder what i am going to get in the mail now!? perhaps one for a 800 H.O. ????? farg'n hell

Premium Features