• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Customer service!!!!!

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
I just want to give credit where credit it due. Last night I pulled a pretty dumb @ss move. And it's cost me a good chunk of change in about 3 second. If any of you guys running a vipec have wondered what happens if you accidentally hook up the vipec backwards (positive to ground, ground to positive) well you will need to replace pin 7 and but a new ecu.

I want to thank Bryce at Turbo Performance for going above and beyond the call of duty and helping me out. Last night at 9:00 I fried it I was planning on loading the sled up and wanted to make a quick fix on my map. Hooked it up and I knew instantly something was wrong before i could get it unhooked the damage was done. I called Byrce at 9:30 on Friday night to see what my options where. After a couple checks it was determined I had fried the ecu (ouch fa la la la la!). He said if I wanted to he would meet me half way and get me another vipec. So a hour+ drive later we met up at 11:00 switched out vipec's and I was on my way back home with my replacement. I think it's easy to say Customer Service is a priority of Bryce's. I talk to other guys quite regularly and they will say yeah we scheduled a time tomorrow night after I am off work to go through my logs and adjust some stuff.

Thanks again Bryce for getting me
Back on the (what little) snow we have so quickly!

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
One thing I like to think about myself is loyal, if you help me out I will give it back 10 fold. Bryce has made a costumer for life. He easily couldn't of answered his phone or just waited to call me back Monday. It's good to know that there are guys out there still, that are wanting the best for their customers and not just another dollar. I would dare to say there aren't many guys out there with that mentality.

This was a learning experience and I really hope I never make this mistake again, 2000.00 in 3 seconds that could get pricey , only thing that has cost me more is the 2 seconds it's took to sign the marriage papers, (kidding, love you honey). And both by the way have been great investments . Lol.

2014 snowest reslolution-

Lets bring the good back to the forums , help each other out the best we can and not tear each other's ideas, setups, builders apart. We all have much to learn on here and there are some great guys /ladies on here that are always willing to help. I read a post today saying how sad it was that we don't get. Some of the builders chiming in and helping out as much. While I have been on the negative side of some of those debates, and I apologize, it would be good to get those guys back on here ( Brad (par), kelsy ( rtk), Dan (Indy Dan) etc,etc. We all have different views and ideas on what works and what doesn't but one thing I have learned while being a member on here is that, I know little in comparison to some of the other members on here. And really would like to continue hearing from them and pick their brains with my half retarded questions.

Sorry for the story! Ride safe and pray for some more snow, at least in Utah anyway!!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
so can that other ecu be possibly reconditioned for a decent price..??..how much of it gets toasted hooked up backwards..??..sometimes it will only go so far before it will just end up open..??

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Yes it can be fixed, Bryce is sending it back to vipec to be replaced and then I will probably just keep it for next years project ;) ! I am not sure how bad it actually hurt the ecu. They will need to open it up before they can tell me how bad and how much!

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
vipec

Yes it can be fixed, Bryce is sending it back to vipec to be replaced and then I will probably just keep it for next years project ;) ! I am not sure how bad it actually hurt the ecu. They will need to open it up before they can tell me how bad and how much!

Be prepared for a long wait on the repair. Had a issue with mine and took over 6 months to get back. ECU has to go back to New Zealand .

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I thought hooking up backwards did nothing. Your talking about putting 12v power to the ecu to do programming changes, right. My guy said if hooked up it just won't work. When hooked up right, you will hear a little click, like a solonoid engaging. Unless my dealer hooked in a one way switch to protect it. I guess I'll have to ask him. Wonder if you could hook an inline diode or something so if hooked wrong it will protect the ecu. Would be cheap insurance.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I have a guy that repairs ECU's, ECM's, TCM's, etc. Unless it's under warranty, there's no reason it needs to go back to NZ. If you're interested, PM me.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
I am pretty sure that's won't be under warranty, As soon as I hear back from Bryce on what it will take to fix it I will let you know. Thanks you

Premium Features