• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil pump cable

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
hey guys, im looking for an extended oil pump cable for my mountain max. i can find throttle brake and im just going to ditch the parking brake.
any ideas on where i could find one? im putting a 4 inch rise on them with the stock bars. any help would be awesome!!!

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
i found on RSI that they make a throttle cable with the oiler..... the oiler isnt the oil pump cable is it? sorry for the dumb question. otherwise i did some more researching and i found that the stock mtn viper oil pump cables will work for up to a 6'' rise with the stock bars. and those are about 25$ i also have one more question. when i put my 4-6 inch rise on my sled will i need to extend the control cables like the handwarmers or kill switch? if so could i just splice them?

C
Sep 23, 2011
Durango, Co
I just did this. You may get away without doing the wires at 4", I had to extend mine at 6", I would recommend extending the wires the same amount you raise the bars to play it safe. I got a cable kit on ebay from idahooffroad. Got the brake extension there too. $60 for everything and it worked perfect. I did 6" raise with some RSI bars and some pivot extensions from a fella here on the forums. Gook luck!

C
Sep 23, 2011
Durango, Co
It was throttle and oil cable in a package. Same place. They came in the same bag from SPI I think? Idahoeoffroad on EBAY. just search mtn max throttle extension. I made a bracket for my parking brake that goes on the cowling near the heater controls. used the factory flipper lever and just made a mount for it. Rivet'd it to the frame under the hood with a lil bent piece of sheet metal.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
hi performance engineering sells the extended throttle cable for this. its 2 cables and i think its 8 inches longer

Last edited:
S
Jul 4, 2009
2003 mtn viper oil/throttle cables are the ones you are looking for, 2004 and 2005 are different. I've heard that guys have used rx1 brake cables, they are longer than mtn max ones and work without changing anything

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Need HELP

So i finally baught all my cables i needed and now ive run into a problem! i bought a SPI throttle and oil pump cable but the oil pump cable doesnt seem to let the Piece that it twists (for lack of a better word haha) go back all the way down when its connected. im pretty sure i have this cable adjusted for as long as it can get and it doesnt seem to let that peice go all the way back down. is it suppose to go all the way back down? i cant remember from when i tore into it its been a few days. Has anyone else used SPI for there oil pump cable and had the same problem? i want to make sure im not burning through oil before i get it all put together just to save the hassel of tearing it all down again. FAST HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! Thanks guys!

Premium Features