• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 800 turbo Xp troubles

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
Having some troubles with my turbo xp. A few weeks back I blew a carb boot and rave bellow. Tore it down then now getting around to putting it back together. Got it all together and fired it up and ran for a minute or so then it died and wouldn't start back up. Checked spark good, manually ran the fuel pump had fuel, put fuel in the cylinders starts for a few seconds, starting fluid runs for a few seconds. So im lost. Thanks Terry

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
double check pinched fuel line to float bowls.. exactly what happened when we redid screech's to the T... started, ran, couldnt get it to start, ran the pump, starting fluid'ed it you name it.. the line going from the pump to the float bowls was kinked under the carbs so you couldnt see it.

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
That's what I was thinking it was but I didn't have time to tear it down. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
That's what I was thinking it was but I didn't have time to tear it down. Thanks

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Voltage regulator could be going also. My turbo would run the pump if I ran it off a battery, but wouldn't create enought voltage by itself to run the fuel pump. Would only run until the float bowls would run out of fuel. Still had spark, but guages wouldn't work. Are your guages coming on?

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
You got it fixed it was the line to the carbs was kinked ran great all day.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
i have had that happen. and when it does you always go crap what did i do!!

with turbo's always always look at simple stuff first because 90% of the time that is what it is.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
with any machine really, its all the sensor and stuff that drive a guy crazy when they go out. I wish I could take off all the sensors and doo-hickies and just have ignition wires a break/ tail light and an accessory plug to power gauges and what not. I wouldn't even want factory gauges put in my own tach, then boost, fuel pres., a/f, and egts maybe a watertemp.

Last edited:
S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
haha yep its always nice when its just the line kinked! you get all depressed like "what the heck is wrong" and just being a fuel line is wonderful. thats exactly what happened with mine as skidooinit said...

Premium Features